Re: What happened to today's SF l main library meeting?

Hi Jawj,

Unfortunately I did not get your message on time; sorry we missed you! For future reference, the best/fastest way to reach me is usually by calling me at (415) 573-7997. We did meet at the library (I was about 5-10 minutes late to get them to open the room), and even had some new people show up (Jay who joined by video along with Max our treasurer, and Daniel and later Penelope in person). Chris our chair also arrived a little late to join us in person.

We discussed holding a social event at Louie’s bar/restaurant in downtown SF before the election, sometime in October before the election, a venue of which several people spoke highly. Before that, we want to do a mailing (draft letter attached) and possible advertising on social media to registered Libertarians in SF, to try to connect with and bring in some new folks, including inviting them to the event.

Three, maybe four of us also plan to attend Folsom Street Fair on September 25 and hand out literature or some kind of outreach.

Am copying this thread to our Activists email list (which I encourage everyone to join if you aren’t already subscribed) and the new folks who joined us today, so as not to have to retype a separate message. Hope your vet visit went well!

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
(415) 573-7997

P.S. – I renewed our reservation of the main library 3rd floor Paley conference room for the 2nd Saturdays in October, November, and December. In October there is another event happening before ours and we may not be able to use the room until 330pm; for the other two months I made our usual reservation of 230-530pm (to give a bit of cushion; the meeting time continues to be 3-5pm).

···

On Sep 10, 2022, at 1:31 PM, JAWJ GREENWALD jedgreenwald@comcast.net wrote:

Starchild – It’s a month since I missed the last SFLP meetihng at the SF Main Library, and I’m happy to go the SF for today’s meeting if you tell me that someone will be there to open the room for an in-person meeting. I’d have to leave within 30 mins, since I’ve just come back from 3 hours at the vet’s.

Assuming you even get this message on time…CCheers, Jawj

On 08/15/2022 8:30 AM Starchild sfdreamer@earthlink.net wrote:

You mean at Alex’s place. Agreed his space wasn’t ideal, but he volunteered to host and no one stepped forward to find us a better location for those who wanted to attend in person. JitSi has some glitches from time to time, but you might be surprised how easy it is. Perhaps I can show you in person if we see each other at the next meeting.

LPSF - Letter to Reg-Libs - 7:22.odt (43.2 KB)

Such a great meeting, thanks for having me.

Do let me know if there are any website adjustements, social media postings or marketing I can help with before the 25th.

Have a Great One,

J

···

On 9/10/22 at 7:45 PM, Starchild wrote:

Date: September 10, 2022
To: “JAWJ GREENWALD” jedgreenwald@comcast.net
Cc: “Daniel Boord” dsboord@gmail.com,
“LPSF Activists List” lpsf-activists@forum.lpsf.org,
“Jay” morphallaxiskgdm@mail.com,
“Penelope Ynez Li” nobody@null.net
Subject: Re: What happened to today’s SF l main library meeting?
Hi Jawj,

Unfortunately I did not get your message on time; sorry we missed you! For future reference, the best/fastest way to reach me is usually by calling me at (415) 573-7997. We did meet at the library (I was about 5-10 minutes late to get them to open the room), and even had some new people show up (Jay who joined by video along with Max our treasurer, and Daniel and later Penelope in person). Chris our chair also arrived a little late to join us in person.

We discussed holding a social event at Louie’s bar/restaurant in downtown SF before the election, sometime in October before the election, a venue of which several people spoke highly. Before that, we want to do a mailing (draft letter attached) and possible advertising on social media to registered Libertarians in SF, to try to connect with and bring in some new folks, including inviting them to the event.

Three, maybe four of us also plan to attend Folsom Street Fair on September 25 and hand out literature or some kind of outreach.

Am copying this thread to our Activists email list (which I encourage everyone to join if you aren’t already subscribed) and the new folks who joined us today, so as not to have to retype a separate message. Hope your vet visit went well!

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
(415) 573-7997

P.S. – I renewed our reservation of the main library 3rd floor Paley conference room for the 2nd Saturdays in October, November, and December. In October there is another event happening before ours and we may not be able to use the room until 330pm; for the other two months I made our usual reservation of 230-530pm (to give a bit of cushion; the meeting time continues to be 3-5pm).

Hi Jay,

Thanks very much for your offer. Having someone with consistent libertarian views who lives in SF making regular or semi-regular posts to the LPSF Facebook page – Redirecting... – is one thing that was mentioned at the meeting which I think I recall you saying you might be up for doing. Having someone on there who’s involved as a local activist and passing along any leads of local folks who may be interested in getting involved would be helpful. I think our previous secretary Richard Fast was doing this to some extent, but I’m not sure he has been lately. Richard, do you have the password to be able to log in and post on the site as the LPSF?

There is also an LPSF Facebook “group” at Redirecting... https://www.facebook.com/groups/LibertarianPartySanFrancisco/. Unfortunately the site apparently no longer allows people to even look at either of these pages anymore unless you log into the site first, so not being a Facebook user I can’t view them to see what kind of activity if any has been taking place there. (Ideally – and I should start doing this myself for Twitter where I’ve been posting for us – I think it would be cool to have a brief report on the activity/status of each site where we have a social media presence at each meeting.)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LibertarianPartySanFrancisco/
If I’m not mistaken, you also mentioned writing as an area where you could contribute. I’ve long thought it would be excellent to have a series of local issue-specific brochures addressing stuff like homelessness, housing, business regulation, event permit fees and restrictions, the “war on drugs”, government corruption, waste in government, the SFUSD, City College, surveillance, the SFPD, what various government agencies are actually doing, etc.

Either research or writing draft material on any of the above or other local political issues could help us develop some locally-oriented outreach materials. I also have a huge number of newspaper clippings at my place, mostly saved on the basis of being of libertarian interest, that need sorting – these could be plumbed for useful facts and information to include in the above-mentioned issue pieces.

Thoughts from Chris or others?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Sep 12, 2022, at 10:26 AM, morphallaxiskgdm@mail.com wrote:

Such a great meeting, thanks for having me.

Do let me know if there are any website adjustements, social media postings or marketing I can help with before the 25th.

Have a Great One,

J

On 9/10/22 at 7:45 PM, Starchild wrote:

Date: September 10, 2022
To: “JAWJ GREENWALD” jedgreenwald@comcast.net
Cc: “Daniel Boord” dsboord@gmail.com,
“LPSF Activists List” lpsf-activists@forum.lpsf.org,
“Jay” morphallaxiskgdm@mail.com,
“Penelope Ynez Li” nobody@null.net
Subject: Re: What happened to today’s SF l main library meeting?
Hi Jawj,

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
(415) 573-7997

Hi Jay,

Thanks for joining us and look forward to seeing you here. As we discussed, LPSF has many different platforms. I just participated in a training put on by the LPCA on using nationbuilder.com. This is a site that can coordinate multiple social media platforms, provide engagement statistics, coordinate donations and email campaigns using a .csv file. There’s a cost associated with the services but could be useful.

Chris Mendes
Chair, LPSF

Hey Chris,

I heard there was a Zoom meeting yesterday but I found out last minute.

Do you know when I can get on the next meeting?

I’m also available Sunday for Folsom if anyone was going to hand out info.

Have a Great One,

J

···

On 9/14/22 at 12:58 PM, CDMendes via LPSF Forum wrote:

Date: September 14, 2022
To: morphallaxiskgdm@mail.com
Cc:
Subject: Re: Re: What happened to today’s SF l main library meeting?

| CDMendes
September 14 |

• | - |

Hi Jay,

Thanks for joining us and look forward to seeing you here. As we discussed, LPSF has many different platforms. I just participated in a training put on by the LPCA on using nationbuilder.com. This is a site that can coordinate multiple social media platforms, provide engagement statistics, coordinate donations and email campaigns using a .csv file. There’s a cost associated with the services but could be useful.

Chris Mendes
Chair, LPSF

Hi Jay,

Our meetings are always the second Saturday of the month, both online & at the Main SF Public Library at 3pm. It was an ad hoc meeting, kinda last minute.

Chris

I tried to sign up for the mailings but for some reason got the attached message.

Have a Great One,

J

···

On 9/23/22 at 9:33 AM, CDMendes via LPSF Forum wrote:

Date: September 23, 2022
To: morphallaxiskgdm@mail.com
Cc:
Subject: Re: Re: What happened to today’s SF l main library meeting?

| CDMendes
September 23 |

• | - |

Hi Jay,

Our meetings are always the second Saturday of the month, both online & at the Main SF Public Library at 3pm. It was an ad hoc meeting, kinda last minute.

Chris