Yee Hah - RIGHT ON!!! DEFINITIVE ANALYSIS OF THE 2d AMENDMENT - WHAT A TREAT!

Ron,

Unfortunately, I think this would tend to come off as racist and insensitive and hurt our cause. Especially if you add personal touches like "Yee-hah!" I appreciate the point I presume you're trying to make, that violent gun crime is concentrated among a relatively small group of San Franciscans, but can't we find a more convincing and less inflammatory way of making it? If you are bent on distributing it as is, I respectfully ask that you not mention Libertarians or the Libertarian Party.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

Dear Dr. Mike;

Get a copy of this to SF Supervisor Chris Daly and the other 4 Supervisors who signed on to the Daly Gun Ban Legislation: Gonzalez - Alioto-Pier - Ammiano - Dufty. Then get a copy to the other Supervisors for their erudition and Mayor Newsom. Then the local newspapers and the local TV stations.

I have sent a full copy to all of the above of the Executive Summary of The 2000 SF Public Health Report On Guns from which Daly cherry-picked statistics which was used to draw up his flawed legislation.

In a more perfect world the Daly legislation should have read:

City and County of San Francisco
                                    Gun Ban Ordinance

Paragraph 1:

We hereby enact the banning of poorly educated, African-American adult males, in their 20-30's, who are repeat felon drug dealers and are involved in further drug dealing from residing in or transiting the regions of San Francisco known as the Bayview/Hunters Point, The Inner Mission and The Western Addition. The banning goes doubly for the 50% of the above African-Americans who are currently hopped up on drugs and are carrying an un-licensed, un-registered and not un-loaded handgun or two.

Paragraph 2:

We hereby ban handgun use throughout the city of San Francisco for those individuals who would use a hand gun to commit suicide.

Paragraph 3:

We strongly recommend individuals contemplating suicide to take full advantage of the easily accessible Golden Gate Bridge and to go take a flying leap.

Unfortunately, at this time, the Supervisors are on their holiday recess until Jan.4 and the swearing in ceremony of the newly elected Supervisors. So no too much can be done with them but lots can be done with all the others.

However, copies ready to be handed out at that ceremony should make for an interesting swearing-in ceremony for the newly elected Supervisors.

Yeee Hah!!! or is it more like: Whooo Hooo !!!

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

> The U.S. Department of Justice has just released an intensive
> and
> erudite analysis of the constitutional right of law abiding
> responsible
> adults to
> posess firearms. It is 61+ pages of text and 50+ pages of endnotes.
> Of
> course
> I am going to like it because t relies substantially on my work and
> the
> work
> of other 2d Am. scholars like Clayton Cramer, Steve Halbrook,
> David
> Kopel,
> and Nelson Lund.
> Well researched and written, it nevertheless does not really compare
> w/
> GONE
> W/ THE WIND as leisure reading
> To be found at:
>
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

The U\.S\. Department of Justice has just released an intensive and erudite analysis of the constitutional right of law abiding responsible adults to posess firearms\. It is 61\+ pages of text and 50\+ pages of endnotes\. Of course I am going to like it because t relies substantially on my work and the work of other 2d Am\. scholars like  Clayton Cramer,  Steve Halbrook, David Kopel, and Nelson Lund\.

Well researched and written, it nevertheless does not really compare w/ GONE W/ THE WIND as leisure reading
To be found at:

http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>