This holiday weekend's airport travel: TSA and media deceptions versus facts
Regarding this Thanksgiving weekend airport travel, the TSA, Reuters, and
most other corporate media spun the facts in a very misleading way.
Here are the real facts about what occurred this weekend:
1. This weekend the public's resistance to TSA triumphed beyond the
resistors' wildest dreams.
2. CBS and ABC report that a new record was set this weekend in the
percentage of Americans opting to drive this Thanksgiving weekend, and not
fly: 92% to 94%. This is up 12% from last year.
3. The corporate media has overwhelmingly misled the public by either
refusing to report or downplaying these facts:
a. that the nude x-ray scanners were deliberately not used by TSA in most
airports and gates this weekend and
b. that TSA security procedures had been significantly altered and made
more relaxed during this weekend.
4. Passengers report that TSA decided to either rope off or not use the
scanners in most airports and most terminals this weekend. This was a crude
PR stunt by TSA to prevent passengers from being offered the scanners, thus
preventing them from being given any opportunity to refuse them. This was
either not reported at all, or else given little attention, by most of the
5. Passengers report that TSA performed almost no invasive personal
searches and virtually no invasive genital area searches this weekend. This
was either not reported at all, or else given little attention, by most of
6. TSA lied to the public via its press secretary by denying that it had
changed/eased its security procedures, or that it had reduced the use of
nude x-ray scanners, during this holiday weekend.
7. The corporate media has lied in countless articles written this weekend,
erroneously writing that this weekend's smooth airport flow proves that
Americans overwhelmingly accept the scanners and invasive pat-down
procedures, when in fact, the scanners and invasive pat-downs were
overwhelmingly not used at all in most airport TSA checkpoints this weekend.
8. The corporate media's spin and lies run counter to a Zogby poll that
came out last night, which shows that 61% of Americans oppose the groping
and scanning. The same poll shows that 48% of Americans are looking to seek
alternatives to flying, which is exactly what the boycotters are doing.
WeWontFly dot com
OptOutDay dot com
Google: "Fliers claim TSA have deactivated body scanners"