Talking about LvMI...

Thought you all might want to see the thread on Gays and Lesbians for Individual Liberty regarding Libertarians, the Fed's recent actions, and LvMI. Note that the first person who made a Strom Thurmond comment is David Boaz from Cato, hardly a friend of centrally planned government economics.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- we Libertarians associate ourselves with neo-Confederates like the von Mises Institute at our own peril. It really doesn't matter that they can brag "we told you so" when the stagflation hits. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. And LvMI's clock stopped somewhere around 1850. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, we can decry inflationary Fed policy quite well enough on our own without joining forces with apologists for the Southern Confederacy. I give George Phillies a lot of credit for having the courage to do just that, even in certain rooms where he knew it would cost him support in the short term. It's because he realizes that the winning long-term strategy for the LP is to disavow the neo-Confederates.

Rob

This seems a stretch Rob...

As the grandson of a man of whom it was often said that he preferred
people of color to his own and who always reminded me that we were
"Irish and from the South", the Civil war was never about slavery. It
was about taxes and Federal power. Those were my earliest political
thoughts. And it seems more correct today than ever. I don't know what a
neo-Confederate is but I know and appreciate states' rights and
resistance to Federal power. And that doesn't seem very old fashion. In
fact it never seems to go out of style.

It seems the LP should be a big enough tent to include LvMI folks
too...or I guess I'm not welcome...:>)