Tabling This Coming Weekend or The Following Weekend?

Hi All! With only two weekends left before our local election, this is a good opportunity to get out there and present our ideas of cutting back government while interest in local politics is up. They say only 50% will vote in this election, so each vote will count that much more. We've got plenty of literature, and we can also use the postcards that have been returned by the post office so they won't be wasted. As always, there are outrageous measures on the ballot like bonds and increasing the sales tax rate, but also one good one to promote (Prop D). While I will be working on the Adachi campaign both weekends, I would also like to do some Libertarian tabling, so I am flexible on the date and time. Will anyone table with me?

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey,

I can do two hours either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. As of yesterday, Wednesday 26, we have 7 returned postcards only; but I could copy the postcards and make a few flyers. Let me know where you are planning to be.

Marcy

Hi Marcy! Thanks! I think early Sunday afternoon, say from noon until 2PM? Location I haven't decided on yet, but 18th and Castro always has lots of foot traffic or maybe Castro & Market where people enter/leave the Muni station. I'm open to other locations, if you have anything specific in mind. To me, the important thing is just to get out there and talk to people and pass out our literature--where we do it isn't critical to me, just as long as we get a steady flow of people.

I'm glad only 7 postcards were returned. That tells me I didn't do too bad on picking the addresses to send the postcards to. If you could make some copies of the postcard, that would be great. I got one mailed to myself, so I'll make some copies too. I will also take a look at what literature I have sitting around and let you know if I need anymore for Sunday.

Thanks for being a good sport!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey,

All great. If you have voter registration cards that is good too; gives our table more gravitas.

Marcy

Aubrey,

I should be available to help early afternoon Sunday. The Regulate
Marijuana Like Wine petition is finished, and Steve Kubby is going to
send me some, but I doubt I'll get them by tomorrow. If anyone is
motivated enough to get copies printed (requires color printing and
special long paper), the PDFs for the front and back of the petition
form are attached.

I've been distributing the "Blue Republicans" essay supporting Ron
Paul, which I formatted as a front/back 8.5" x 11" flier (also
attached). I've also got a bunch of Adachi fliers. I don't have
particularly large quantities of any one libertarian piece, just the
usual assortment I typically bring to our meetings.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild,

If you are going to be able to help Aubrey, and distribute marijuana petition and distribute Republican literature, I will take Sunday as my chance to take my tax preparer exam, which I am late with. I could use the time.

Marcy

Hi Starchild! After checking my supply of literature, I realized that I didn't have as much as I thought, so I will pick up more from Marcy. If you think it's appropriate, then I will also bring some Adachi stuff, since I have been busy working on his campaign and really feel he is a cut above the rest (though I do give honorable mention to Tony Hall, if people ask about my number 2 choice). If I get a chance tonight, I may try to resurrect the No on B argument that I wrote for the Voters Pamphlet. At 400 words it was too long, and I ran out of time while working on the other measures, but it may prove helpful for this tabling. I will call you later to connect about tomorrow's logistics.

Thanks for helping out!
Aubrey

Hi All! Starchild and I will be somewhere in the Castro today (Sunday, October 30) at a busy corner peddling our intellectual goods and ideas in the early half of the afternoon. It should be a beautiful day weather-wise, so if you get a chance, please come by to help out for a while.

Thanks!
Aubrey