[SFBayCannabisCommunity] Romney Picks Anti-Human Rights Zealot Paul Ryan as VP

Congressman Ryan was voted "Biggest Brown-Noser" by his high school graduating class? That's a hoot. Maybe it's how he got the VP nomination? Another more substantive and devastating point against Ryan is that contrary to the rhetoric of Romney and other Republicans who tout his budget plan, that plan does *not* "slash" government spending (as both conservatives and liberals have alleged), nor does it cut taxes, but actually *increases* both:

Here are Paul Ryan's own hard numbers on his budget plan (S1)

http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/summary_tables.pdf

Paul Ryan's "Path to Prosperity" Budget Plan:

1) Increases Federal Government Spending from $3.624 Trillion to $4.888
Trillion.

A $1.264 Trillion Increase in Federal Government Spending. A 35% Increase.

2) Increases Federal Government Tax Collections from $2.444 Trillion to
$4.601 Trillion.

A $2.157 Federal Tax Collection Increase. An 88% Tax Collection Increase.

(Quoted material above from Michael Cloud, one of my colleagues on the Libertarian National Committee.)

I did not realize (or perhaps had just forgotten) that Joe Biden was responsible for the "Drug Czar" position being created, or that he has been such a big booster of the Drug War generally. That's important to know, and another sign of how Obama cannot be trusted to do the right thing when it comes to marijuana or drug policy, and will likely be no better in a second term if he is reelected. There have been calls for him to dump Biden as his running mate, but he shows no signs of doing so.

I don't think any presidential candidate would deliberately pick a running mate who he planned to dump after his first term, and it's inconceivable that Obama did not know about Biden's anti-drug-freedom history when he picked him for vice president. All of which is yet more evidence that Obama has been a drug warrior at least since he started running for president if not much earlier, and has never had any plans to improve his policies if he gets a second term.

Thanks for forwarding this, David.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

(Attachment NoMore!:JohnsonGray2012.jpg is missing)

(Attachment GaryJohnson:MarijuanaDispensaries:Graphic.jpeg is missing)

I have read that in 2007, Paul Ryan was one of the few Republicans in the US House to vote in favor of making it illegal to discriminate against gay people in jobs and housing.

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

(Attachment NoMore!:JohnsonGray2012.jpg is missing)

(Attachment GaryJohnson:MarijuanaDispensaries:Graphic.jpeg is missing)

Hi Richard,

This is a nuanced issue in libertarianism, since discrimination against any individual or group in jobs and housing in the private realm is not a rights' violation. The Govt prohibiting discrimination in this context is a rights' violation.

Warm regards, Michael

Anti-Human Rights Zealot Paul Ryan as VP

I know that. But the information about Paul Ryan in my e-mail suggests that he is not easy to pigeonhole.

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147