SF Examiner Publishes My Ant-War On Terror LTE With Libertarian Affiliation

Ron,

Congratulations on your publication of another great LTE!

Questions: You say: "defend America's borders." I haven't heard of anyone attacking the U.S. Govt's borders, have you? Is there a "war on borders?"

Best, Michael

Ron,

I'll second Michael on both the congratulations and the comment about "defend America's borders." In the context of the controversy over migration, talk about "defending the borders" could easily come across as anti-immigrant, although I'm sure you just meant have U.S. government troops defend the U.S. rather than be deployed in other countries.

Also, please do not post to both the lpsf-discuss and lpsf-activists lists unless it's something *really* important; many people subscribe to both and will get such emails twice. The lpsf-discuss is probably the more appropriate list, as lpsf-activists is for core party business.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< starchild >>>

Ron,

Congratulations on your publication of another great LTE!

Questions: You say: "defend America's borders." I haven't heard of anyone attacking the U.S. Govt's borders, have you? Is there a "war on borders?"

Best, Michael

To: LPSF-ACTIVISTS ; Libertarian Yahoo Group ; CAL-LIBS
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:30 AM
Subject: [lpsf-activists] SF Examiner Publishes My Ant-War On Terror LTE With Libertarian Affiliation

Dear Everyone;

Yesterday Jay Ambrose a SF Examiner columnist had an article on the War on Terror. I used the article to point out some important facts about the war on terror and why we had the fight and what to do to stop it.

The Ambrose column:

http://www.examiner.com/a-102579~U_S__must_stiffen_resolve_to_win_war_on_terror.html

My LTE with Libertarian affiliation:

http://www.examiner.com/a-103727~Letters__May_10th__2006.html

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Letters: May 10th, 2006

War on terror

Jay Ambrose claims World War III is the war on terror (“U.S. must stiffen resolve to win war on terror,” May 9). Attacking a worldwide, multicause, religious-based ideology with technology will not win this war. The reason for this mess is U.S. imperialism, forced regime changes and propping up dictators who support our policies while receiving America’s largesse.

One hundred fifty thousand U.S. soldiers are at 150 foreign bases, with another 160,000 in Iraq and Afghanistan. America does not need to be a latter-day imperial Roman Empire.

To win this war, bring home U.S. troops and defend America’s borders. Enact trade agreements instead of military agreements for a new Pax Americana free from war.

Ron Getty
Libertarian Party San Francisco
The City

SPONSORED LINKS

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-discuss" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-discuss-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>

Dear Starchild;

Actually by defending our borders what I meant was building a 50" tall wall around Washington DC.

Locking inside all members of the Executive and Congress and all the people working at all the agencies.

Disconnect their telephones and internet.

Then use the military to patrol 24/7 around the wall.

From time to time toss food scraps over the wall to keep them slightly ravenous.

Build a scaffold near the top so people could come and look down at the Morons of Mordor.

Then force them to build bonfires of all the idiot regulations Washington has issued since Washington became Washington.

Now that would be a border worth defending.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

Starchild <sfdreamer@...> wrote:
  Ron,

I'll second Michael on both the congratulations and the comment about
"defend America's borders." In the context of the controversy over
migration, talk about "defending the borders" could easily come across
as anti-immigrant, although I'm sure you just meant have U.S.
government troops defend the U.S. rather than be deployed in other
countries.

Also, please do not post to both the lpsf-discuss and lpsf-activists
lists unless it's something *really* important; many people subscribe
to both and will get such emails twice. The lpsf-discuss is probably
the more appropriate list, as lpsf-activists is for core party business.

Yours in liberty,
<<< starchild >>>

Ron Getty,

Great idea!

All the best,

Don Fields