seeking advice (printer mechanical problem)

Does anyone have any advice for me? I was using Jerry's 990 Cse Hewlett-Packard to print mailing labels (on a Sunday, today, June 16) and I jammed it and even though all paper appears out of the printer, now it won't work. Does anyone have experience with this, or is anyone familiar with a good repair service?

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

Richard,

Very annoying. Printers are often unreliable like that, in my experience, and labels and other thick paper are more likely to jam. Not familiar with that particular model printer, but I've found messing around with them long enough often seems to produce a solution. One good simple thing to try, if you haven't already, is turning it off and unplugging it, turning your computer off, waiting a bit, then turning them back on again. Sometimes they seem to require a forced "reset". Make sure all doors and compartments on the printer are closed. Probably your computer or printer gives you the option of selecting different paper varieties; you might set it for a thicker variety, if you haven't done so (although that's more in terms of preventing another jam than fixing this one). They always tell you not to manually try to remove paper jams or mess with the cartridge, but in my experience this is often what it takes. Maybe try moving the cartridge roller thing by hand, see if it seems to be turning properly. Sorry, don't know what else to suggest.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))