[ronpaul-568] KSFO backing the SF Tea Party

A recent post on the Marin County Ron Paul list. It would be sad to me if a group of Libertarians is less willing to potentially offend people by promoting a broad message of liberty than are members of a group which contains many Republicans, but it unfortunately wouldn't be the first time the Ron Paul movement has shown more intestinal fortitude than the LP in this regard. In the wake of a Monday Message from LP headquarters in which national communications director Donny Ferguson proclaimed that "winning is the most important principle(!)", I recently posted this message to the list of the Libertarian "Reform" Caucus (the people trying to water down the LP's platform and message):

"Our mission is very simple. It's winning on principle. And that can be broken down very simply. Winning, of course in the political sense, but making sure we win on our principles, and that we do not compromise."
  -Jeff Frazee, [head of] Young Americans for Liberty, sister organization of Campaign For Liberty, at C4L regional conference, St. Louis, Missouri (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=14875)

Remember when Libertarian leaders used to talk like this, and mean it? Sounds like they had a bigger crowd at this regional conference than the LP got at its last national convention.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

A handful of folks have wondered why many of us Libertarians supported Ron Paul's campaign and voted for him instead of Bob Barr. For me, the fact that libertarian radicalism among Paul supporters sometimes matches or exceeds that in the LP definitely had something to do with it. To paraphrase William Lloyd Garrison, radicalism in theory and ideology without radicalism in methodology is often moderation and gradualism in practice.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))