Ron Paul fundraiser at Playbar now on for Thursday Oct. 4, 6-10pm

Apparently there is an official Republican Party meeting the evening of Weds. October 3 (now on the Meetup calendar) where they will be hearing from representatives of the different presidential campaigns and letting the campaigns recruit volunteers, and I agreed that we should encourage people to go to this, so I talked to the bar and rescheduled our event which had been planned for that evening, to Thursday instead.

For those who just joined, or were not at our last Meetup to hear about this, the owners of Playbar have agreed to let us come in and do an event where 15% of drink sales will go to the campaign. So 15% of all the money spent on drinks at Playbar on Thursday from 6-10pm will go to help Ron Paul get elected.

Ben Parkinson and Ralph Crowder have volunteered to help me plan the event -- additional volunteers are welcome. We are going to be having a planning meeting at the bar (601 Mission Street, at the southeast corner of 6th Street and Mission), at 8pm this coming Tuesday (Oct. 2), to talk about how we will decorate the space, what videos to show, what to put out to their email lists (the bar has a large number of email addresses, and they are willing to promote our event, along with some info about Ron Paul, to that list), and other ideas for the event. Terry Floyd from the East Bay Libertarian Party has a video projector that he will be bringing, and Ben has some 100 Ron Paul DVDs to give out.

So our job is to get as many people there as possible! Let your friends know -- they don't have to be Ron Paul supporters, just people who want to come hang out at a fun bar with a crowd including a lot of smart, politically minded folks. I'll also be bringing a couple board games to serve as drinking games, as a fun way to get people buying more drinks. So please RSVP to the Meetup calendar if you can make it to the bar to any or all of the following:

(1) At 8pm on Tuesday 10/2 to help plan the event
(2) Earlier in the day on Thursday 10/4 to help decorate and set up (exact time flexible, but hopefully 5pm or earlier)
(3) From 6-10pm on Thursday to hang out, drink, and raise $$$ for Ron!

(If you are a Meetup organizer, please post these three dates on the Meetup calendar ASAP!)

Love & Liberty,
        <<< starchild >>>