Revenue Panel Meeting tomorrow at 10AM Room 278

Anyone want to join me? I'm making a tax increase proposal....see below.
You won't see me do this again....:>)

Mike

DENNY PROPOSES TAX THAT RAISES $1B, BALANCES THE BUDGET, HELPS
BUSINESSES, CREATES JOBS AND INCREASES SERVICES TO THE POOR WITHOUT
FIRING ANYONE

In the last Revenue Advisory Panel meeting, some members suggested that
the purpose of the panel was to discuss increasing revenue, not ways
City government and government-funded non-profits could become more
efficient and effective. In response, I respectfully propose that the
panel consider the many advantages of a 100% payroll tax on salaries and
benefits of all City government and government-funded non-profit
employees who make over $52,000 per year. According to the San Francisco
Chamber of Commerce, that's the value of the salary and benefits for
average San Franciscans.

If implemented, this tax will generate a staggering $1B a year. This
will not only solve the City's budget deficit, it will also enable us to
repeal the business payroll tax which contributes to our unemployment
and homelessness problem in San Francisco. In addition to helping our
economy and creating jobs, it will generate enough funds so we can roll
back the huge fee increases recently implemented and STILL afford to
offer 100% tax credits for San Franciscans making contributions to our
charitable and service organizations. It can also enable us to
substantially reduce the hotel tax which would help our ailing tourism
industry. In addition to these many important benefits, this tax will
also make substantially more money available for actual services to our
most needy citizens WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE PERSON.

DON'T LET GREEDY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AVERAGE SAN
FRANCISCANS AND DEPRIVE THE POOR OF THE SERVICES THEY NEED.

SUPPORT THE PAYROLL TAX ON ALL GOVERNMENT-FUNDED EMPLOYEES.

Mike,

It's a brilliant idea. I endorse it wholeheartedly. Though I think you need to slightly revise the wording in order to accurately express your intent: I assume you are advocating a $52,000 exemption from this tax, so that the 100% rate would only apply to money earned in excess of $52,000 a year, but that's not what the proposal currently says.

Do you have any names or contact information for members of the Revenue Advisory Panel? Know who appointed them, and to whom they report? Did any of them give any reaction to this proposal?

If anyone's available to drive me to the convention in San Jose to be there by 1pm, I'd be happy to attend the panel tomorrow morning, but otherwise I don't think I'll have time.

Yours in liberty,
          <<< Starchild >>>

Anyone want to join me? I’m making a tax increase proposal….see below. You won’t see me do this again….:>)

Mike

DENNY PROPOSES TAX THAT RAISES $1B, BALANCES THE BUDGET, HELPS BUSINESSES, CREATES JOBS AND INCREASES SERVICES TO THE POOR WITHOUT FIRING ANYONE

In the last Revenue Advisory Panel meeting, some members suggested that the purpose of the panel was to discuss increasing revenue, notwaysCitygovernment and government-funded non-profits could become more efficient and effective. In response, I respectfully propose that the panel consider the many advantages of a 100% payroll tax on salaries and benefits of all City government and government-funded non-profit employees who make over $52,000 per year. According to theSan FranciscoChamber of Commerce, that’s the value of the salary and benefits for average San Franciscans.

If implemented, this tax will generate a staggering $1B a year. This will not only solve the City’s budget deficit, it will also enable us to repeal the business payroll tax which contributes to our unemployment and homelessness problem inSan Francisco. In addition to helping our economy and creating jobs, it will generate enough funds so we can roll back the huge fee increases recently implemented and STILL afford to offer 100% tax credits for San Franciscans making contributions to our charitable and service organizations. It can also enable us to substantially reduce the hotel tax which would help our ailing tourism industry. In addition to these many important benefits, this tax will also make substantially more money available for actual services to our most needy citizens WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE PERSON.

DON’T LET GREEDY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AVERAGE SAN FRANCISCANS AND DEPRIVE THE POOR OF THE SERVICES THEY NEED.

SUPPORT THE PAYROLL TAX ON ALL GOVERNMENT-FUNDED EMPLOYEES.

<image.tiff>