Request for disciplinary actions against Libertarian Party of San Francisco [1 Attachment]

I regret to pass along word that Rebecca Lau is seeking to have the Libertarian Party of California Executive Committee sanction us for recommending a vote for John Dennis. Found out about this yesterday at the convention, but thought it was strictly directed toward me personally (although even if that were the case it would still be involving our actions).

No time to comment further right now – I have to go out and collect signatures due today at noon to file as a qualified write-in candidate for State Assembly. Rebecca also pointedly shouted out a "no" vote on the convention floor against endorsing me for that office during resolutions to endorse candidates.

I think there can be good-faith disagreements about our recommending a vote for a relatively pro-freedom Republican, but not sure how she defends trying to block the party supporting a longtime, hardcore libertarian running as a Libertarian for partisan office with no other (L)ibertarian in the race.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

LPSF-Feb-2020-Minutes.pdf (53.8 KB)

Have you looked at his statements recently?He's not even close to a libertarian...
Françoise Fielding, Esq., 820 Stanyan St. #5, San Francisco, CA 94117, 415-386-8643

Rebecca has never voiced similar concerns during her time as an officer in the LPSF, even though there is a lot of precedent in us issuing recommendations. This is nothing more than a childish vendetta, something she has become known for.

If the state party does step in to take disciplinary action, it will be the first thing they or Rebecca have done to "help" the LPSF in years.

And not only that….but John Dennis is a dishonorable guy who is only in it for himself. He promised me a donation towards the cost of my Appeal of 2018 Prop A last year. And specifically asked me to call him after Nov 13th when he said he would be financially ready to make a “substantial contribution”. He hasn’t returned a single one of my many phone calls or emails. This despite the fact that I’ve contributed generously to every single one of his campaigns. The sooner we ditch him the better.

Mike

It's too bad you and Mike weren't able to attend the last meeting to express your concerns to him directly, Francoise. I personally abstained on the vote, and do have concerns regarding some of his positions, but I am fairly confident that he remains overall the most pro-freedom candidate in the race, though I can't speak to the issue of personal ethics that Mike brings up.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

The next state Executive Committee meeting, where this stuff will apparently be discussed, is happening March 14 in San Jose at a place called the Fish Market (that was the date/location set by the committee when they met briefly yesterday at the close of the state convention). I didn't hear any address or other details given, but hopefully there will be more details published between now and then. ExCom meetings usually go 10am-5pm or something like that.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild:
My partner, Dee, had a stroke (brain bleed) about 10 days ago that the doctors think is due to a glioma or melanoma tumor. She is home on hospice and so far things are ok, but I want to spend every minute I have left with her so I will not be coming to LPSF meetings or going to the convention or doing anything for that matter besides caring for her.
I'm sorry Rebecca is making trouble. She does seem to be that kind of person and also does seem to have it in for you.Happy to support you if you need letters written (like to Mimi Robson) explaining what I know about Rebecca.
Françoise

Françoise Fielding, Esq., 820 Stanyan St. #5, San Francisco, CA 94117, 415-386-8643

It's too bad you and Mike weren't able to attend the last meeting to express your concerns to him directly, Francoise. I personally abstained on the vote, and do have concerns regarding some of his positions, but I am fairly confident that he remains overall the most pro-freedom candidate in the race, though I can't speak to the issue of personal ethics that Mike brings up.
Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Have you looked at his statements recently?He's not even close to a libertarian...

I regret to pass along word that Rebecca Lau is seeking to have the Libertarian Party of California Executive Committee sanction us for recommending a vote for John Dennis. Found out about this yesterday at the convention, but thought it was strictly directed toward me personally (although even if that were the case it would still be involving our actions).
No time to comment further right now – I have to go out and collect signatures due today at noon to file as a qualified write-in candidate for State Assembly. Rebecca also pointedly shouted out a "no" vote on the convention floor against endorsing me for that office during resolutions to endorse candidates.
I think there can be good-faith disagreements about our recommending a vote for a relatively pro-freedom Republican, but not sure how she defends trying to block the party supporting a longtime, hardcore libertarian running as a Libertarian for partisan office with no other (L)ibertarian in the race.
Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Thanks, Francoise. I am sorry to hear about Dee, and wish her the best (and yourself in caring for her).

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Without commenting on the candidate, may I ask if anyone is certain that the "partisan election" which the Bylaws mention includes the Top-Two jungle primaries?

Harland Harrison

For the 12th Congo district, my personal endorsement falls to Shahid
Buttar, - he's a forrer EFF lawyer who advocates repeal of the Patriot Act
and end to foreign wars, which is Libertarian enough IMHO. He's actually
electable, and I've been advocating unity with SF Greens/Progressives
(feared by the DCCC), which is why I can't stand the self-defeating
"Libertarian Loyalty Test." Somebody at the State Level has to understand
that if the LPSF was allowed to cross-nominate, we could kick Pelosi
Mafiosi out of office, with this tactic, putting the LPSF as a force on the
national stage.

The Democratic Central Committee isn't a party, it's a mafia. In this
regard, since politics is sleazy, has anyone ever considered Dennis might
be a "plant" working on behalf of Democrats? Think about it. He siphons off
support from Buttar by seeking the LPSF endorsement, ensuring an
unelectable GOP guy runs against Mafiosi. The Mafiosi campaign has been
spooked by Buttar because he could actually win.

It's right out of the BMW (Barnes Mosher Whitehurst) pay-to-playbook to run
fake candidates like Dennis to keep Buttar out of the General and thus
ensure Mafiosi goes unchallenged. They did it with Amanda Renteria in the
Governor primary, and now they're doing the exact same thing in Senate
District 5:
https://www.modbee.com/news/local/article240098803.html

And since the LPSF is perfectly predictable in terms of the "Loyalty Test,"
BMW can play us like a fiddle to make sure Mafiosi kills millions of people
around the globe.

I don't much care for John Dennis (never did- I always thought he was an opportunist) but really: paranoia will destroy ya!

Rereading this thread Francoise, I think you may have misunderstood me as a result of the hasty/sloppy wording in my previous message below.

When I questioned how Rebecca "defends trying to block the party supporting a longtime, hardcore libertarian running as a Libertarian for partisan office with no other (L)ibertarian in the race", I wasn't referring to John Dennis, who I agree does not merit being called a "hardcore" libertarian, but to myself. At the state convention she vocally opposed the delegates endorsing me as a candidate for State Assembly!

Whatever the merits of her opposition to our recommending a vote for a liberty-leaning Republican like John (which as I said is an issue on which I think Libertarians can and do have good faith disagreement), objecting to the endorsement of someone like myself running as a Libertarian does come across to me as simply petty, and reflecting the interests of neither the party nor the cause of freedom.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Starchild, we have had our share our disagreements, but I have known you for a long time and I would not hesitate for a second to vouch for you as a true committed Libertarian.I find it appalling that, Rebecca, who has only been active in the party for a very few years and is really interested in power in the party for herself rather than true activism, has this vendetta against you.Unfortunately, for reasons I have explained to you, I just cannot be involved in the party right now but I wish you the best of luck.Françoise

Rereading this thread Francoise, I think you may have misunderstood me as a result of the hasty/sloppy wording in my previous message below.
When I questioned how Rebecca "defends trying to block the party supporting a longtime, hardcore libertarian running as a Libertarian for partisan office with no other (L)ibertarian in the race", I wasn't referring to John Dennis, who I agree does not merit being called a "hardcore" libertarian, but to myself. At the state convention she vocally opposed the delegates endorsing me as a candidate for State Assembly!
Whatever the merits of her opposition to our recommending a vote for a liberty-leaning Republican like John (which as I said is an issue on which I think Libertarians can and do have good faith disagreement), objecting to the endorsement of someone like myself running as a Libertarian does come across to me as simply petty, and reflecting the interests of neither the party nor the cause of freedom.
Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Have you looked at his statements recently?He's not even close to a libertarian\.\.\.

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Thanks Francoise, I appreciate your vote of confidence. I value and have full faith in you as a committed libertarian too, personal life/time commitments that may limit your activism at any particular time notwithstanding.

I'm not really sure what makes Rebecca tick, or why she seems to have developed this animus against me (maybe also against Nick, I don't know; they were dating, I understand), whether she's interested in power or whatever. It is a shame though, any time we have infighting or conflict in the LP that arises from interpersonal issues and isn't based on legitimate disagreements about philosophy or policy.

I think we've been pretty good in the LPSF about mostly getting along with each other and avoiding the kind of bitter acrimony that has riven some other state and county party chapters (including currently still in the L.A. area). Hopefully we'll be able to maintain that cooperative and friendly spirit locally, and this will just be a temporary bump in the road.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))