RE: REPORT - Headlands Institute for 2007 Convention

Mark,

Although there is a good deal of dissatisfaction with some of the current leadership, I doubt things would go further than voting people out of office, or perhaps resolutions of censure. I wouldn't expect any arraignments. 8)

Yours in liberty,
        <<< starchild >>>

Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:01 PM
To: Mike Denny; GkLtft@aol.com; tlfloyd3@comcast.net; lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com
Cc: constance@the-autonomist.com; ngerber@edo.com; klyon_us@yahoo.com; fjmanske@value.net; lawsamz@hotmail.com; mwstroberg@comcast.net; srwilson@alamedanet.net; SWilson@Astound.Net; guy.smith@SiliconStrat.com; johndavide@yahoo.com; jim@jimeyer.net; colferr@sbcglobal.net; j.eyer@emailoffice.com; cwmcconnell@comcast.net; grnewell@earthlink.net; cory@voteforcorynott.org; y79908@yahoo.com; maturley@comcast.net; morey.straus@gmail.com; BrierlyServices@Netgate.net; loisgarcia2001@yahoo.com; Anthony Gregory
Subject: Re: REPORT - Headlands Institute for 2007 Convention

Gail is very familiar with this stuff, she knows what needs to be done. Gail do you still want to help manage this? Also is a hotel nearby for guest who might not like the arraignments at this place?

Mark Selzer

To:GkLtft@aol.com ; tlfloyd3@comcast.net ; lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com

Cc:constance@the-autonomist.com ; ngerber@edo.com ; klyon_us@yahoo.com ; fjmanske@value.net ; lawsamz@hotmail.com ; mwstroberg@comcast.net ; srwilson@alamedanet.net ; SWilson@Astound.Net ; guy.smith@SiliconStrat.com ; johndavide@yahoo.com ; jim@jimeyer.net ; colferr@sbcglobal.net ; j.eyer@emailoffice.com ; cwmcconnell@comcast.net ; grnewell@earthlink.net ; cory@voteforcorynott.org ; y79908@yahoo.com ; maturley@comcast.net ; morey.straus@gmail.com ; BrierlyServices@Netgate.net ; loisgarcia2001@yahoo.com ; Anthony Gregory ; markselzer@sbcglobal.net

Sent:Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:49 AM

Subject:REPORT - Headlands Institute for 2007 Convention

OK Gang,

The Center has these dates open…they actually have many more but I thought we’d stick with the usual end of Feb early Mar for the time being.

Feb 23,24 and 25th

Mar 2, 3 and 4th also

We can make arrangements to stay until as late as 6-7PM Sunday night but they don’t serve dinner or have guests stay over Sunday PM.

They have buffet style feeding with lots of variety…soup bars, sandwich bars and hot plates. At $74 per day, it will only cost about $148 per person for two days of room and board plus the meeting room. I’m working on a plan for shuttle service from the major airports to the center.

A 25% deposit based on our predictions is due with the signing and we have until two weeks before the event to get the final numbers. This is very reasonable and flexible if you ask me.

The conference room can easily accommodate up to 150 but they’ve had as many as 230 in the room.

ACTION ITEM – As I’ve never organized a convention before, someone needs to tell us what key roles need to be staffed. Then we need to staff them. So far as I know, Gail has had the most experience so maybe she can get back to us with that list so we can start > organizing.

Michael Denny

Libertarian Party of San Francisco

(415) 986-7677 x123

mike@MichaelDenny.net

www.MichaelDenny.net

www.LPSF.org

Our contact at the conference center is:

Galena

gseeger@yni.org

415-332-5771

<image.tiff>

Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:34 AM
To: Mike Denny; tlfloyd3@comcast.net; lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com
Cc: constance@the-autonomist.com; ngerber@edo.com; klyon_us@yahoo.com; fjmanske@value.net; lawsamz@hotmail.com; mwstroberg@comcast.net; srwilson@alamedanet.net; SWilson@Astound.Net; guy.smith@SiliconStrat.com; johndavide@yahoo.com; jim@jimeyer.net; colferr@sbcglobal.net; j.eyer@emailoffice.com; cwmcconnell@comcast.net; grnewell@earthlink.net; cory@voteforcorynott.org; y79908@yahoo.com; maturley@comcast.net; morey.straus@gmail.com; BrierlyServices@Netgate.net; loisgarcia2001@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [lpsf-activists] Re: Fw: Bid for LP 2007 Convention

In a message dated 5/8/2006 12:53:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, mike@drinksusa.com writes:

Here’s a place I went to once…it’s gorgeous and inexpensive….only $74 a night including room and board.

http://www.hiconferencecenter.com/index.html

I am impressed.If the rates are $75 or so we would be dumb not to go there. It may depend on the numbers. I would not promise more than 100 delegates which can be even fewer rooms since many will share. I have numbers for conventions going back into the 70s if you all want to see them before making any promises to the hotels.

gail lightfoot

<image.tiff>

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/334 - Release Date: 5/8/2006

SPONSORED LINKS

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-activists" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>