RE: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic [2 Attachments]

Thanks, Angela. Manning for President-where do I contribute!

I'm on board with Manning for President!

Should he decline, Julian Assange for President. Assange is running for the Australian Senate, so he may be more interested in holding a political position.

Warm regards, Michael

Not a citizen. (Of course, some say we already have a precedent for that.)

Is anyone going to the protest at 5PM? I'm planning on being there.

I love Mikester's comment about how Lisa Williams wears her position like a "fashion statement". What a riot!

Mike

Good. I'll look for you.

They are asking people to wear Bradley Manning masks, but the link doesn't work for me. (Anybody know where to get one?) I have a button, anyway.

(Attachment image001.jpg is missing)

(Attachment image002.jpg is missing)

I'm glad you liked it, that makes me happy. :slight_smile: In defense of the word "tyranny" the intention was to draw a parallel between Lisa's decree and the Obama regime ... and the idea that this decision came from higher up. Also intended to draw from the language of anti-statism across the spectrum. Maybe "authoritarian" or "despotic" would have been a shade less alarmist? I'm happy to put out more releases for Outright SF, prepare the text verbatim with a contact person and I'll do it up on the letterhead. You can send it to secretary@... so I"ll get it right away because I'm not checking this board regularly. I'm actually in Phoenix.

I would suggest rather than rewriting one that's already published is to just move forward and write a fresh copy with up-to-the minute commentary and local developments. One per day while things are moving fast would be a good idea. If you guys can get them to me I can put the actual document together, and if somebody with local contacts can get them out to media as well as organizers we really have a chance to be seen as taking the lead in this. I'm so excited for what's happening in SF and I wish I could be there with you. :slight_smile:

Sorry, Mike, but it's still the outcome that I'm protesting rather than the process. The process can be faulted; but if the Board had rejected Manning as marshal and Williams had high-handedly overruled them, I would be cheering instead of protesting. But I don't want to belabor the point any further, and detract from the good work you're doing.

Also sorry it didn't occur to me to take notes on the speeches. Conceivably Mike Denny and I could put out heads together and write something up (and Starchild for the later speeches); there may also be enough material on the Web at this point to draw from.

I think it is interesting the usual news agencies were not there. Not a peep from CBS, ABC, CNN

Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:51 PM
Subject: RE: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

Sorry, Mike, but it’s still the outcome that I’m protesting rather than the process. The process can be faulted; but if the Board had rejected Manning as marshal and Williams had high-handedly overruled them, I would be cheering instead of protesting. But I don’t want to belabor the point any further, and detract from the good work you’re doing.

Also sorry it didn’t occur to me to take notes on the speeches. Conceivably Mike Denny and I could put out heads together and write something up (and Starchild for the later speeches); there may also be enough material on the Web at this point to draw from.

From:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of The Mikester
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 6:56 PM
To: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

I'm glad you liked it, that makes me happy. :slight_smile: In defense of the word "tyranny" the intention was to draw a parallel between Lisa's decree and the Obama regime ... and the idea that this decision came from higher up. Also intended to draw from the language of anti-statism across the spectrum. Maybe "authoritarian" or "despotic" would have been a shade less alarmist? I'm happy to put out more releases for Outright SF, prepare the text verbatim with a contact person and I'll do it up on the letterhead. You can send it to secretary@... so I"ll get it right away because I'm not checking this board regularly. I'm actually in Phoenix.

I love Mikester's comment about how Lisa Williams wears her position like a "fashion statement". What a riot!

Mike

From: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Acree, Michael
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:38 AM
To: 'Angela Keaton'
Cc: Outright Libertarians @ Yahoo; Starchild; lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com; Outright ExCom @ Yahoo
Subject: [lpsf-discuss] RE: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

From: angelakeaton@…<mailto:angelakeaton@…> [mailto:angelakeaton@…] On Behalf Of Angela Keaton
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:35 AM
To: Acree, Michael
Cc: Outright Libertarians @ Yahoo; Starchild; lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright ExCom @ Yahoo
Subject: Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic [2 Attachments]

Mike,

Thanks. More input the better. We should be adding to this statement and pushing the discussion as much as possible.

The great patriot of our time is a slight unassuming self described gay atheist libertarian computer nerd. He should be our next presidential candidate.

Thanks, Mike. I'm not sure that tyranny is our best angle on this, however. The Board and its defenders can rightfully reply that it is not a state, and so the concept is inapplicable. Even more importantly, if the Board had voted unanimously with Williams,

we would still oppose the decision just as strongly, for all the reasons enunciated by Greenwald.

As previously mentioned...the Bay Area Reporter guy was there taking lots of notes. Starchild knows the MC of the event and maybe with an intro to him we can follow up for more details.

Mike

I watched tonight's 10:00 news on KTVU in Oakland (a FOX affiliate) who had cameras at the protest and interviewed Elsberg. They also had at least three shots of Starchild in their report. It seemed like pretty favorable coverage of our viewpoint, and I'm sure there will be newspaper articles in tomorrow's daily fishwrap.

Terry

Excellent! I was looking for the majors in the google search.

Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

I watched tonight's 10:00 news on KTVU in Oakland (a FOX affiliate) who had cameras at the protest and interviewed Elsberg. They also had at least three shots of Starchild in their report. It seemed like pretty favorable coverage of our viewpoint, and I'm sure there will be newspaper articles in tomorrow's daily fishwrap.

Terry

Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:03:14 PM
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

I think it is interesting the usual news agencies were not there. Not a peep from CBS, ABC, CNN

Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:51 PM
Subject: RE: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

Sorry, Mike, but it’s still the outcome that I’m protesting rather than the process. The process can be faulted; but if the Board had rejected Manning as marshal and Williams had high-handedly overruled them, I would be cheering instead of protesting. But I don’t want to belabor the point any further, and detract from the good work you’re doing.

Also sorry it didn’t occur to me to take notes on the speeches. Conceivably Mike Denny and I could put out heads together and write something up (and Starchild for the later speeches); there may also be enough material on the Web at this point to draw from.

From:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of The Mikester
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 6:56 PM
Subject: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

Mike

From: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Acree, Michael
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:38 AM
To: 'Angela Keaton'
Cc: Outright Libertarians @ Yahoo; Starchild; lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com; Outright ExCom @ Yahoo
Subject: [lpsf-discuss] RE: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic

From: angelakeaton@…<mailto:angelakeaton@…> [mailto:angelakeaton@…] On Behalf Of Angela Keaton
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:35 AM
To: Acree, Michael
Cc: Outright Libertarians @ Yahoo; Starchild; lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com<mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright ExCom @ Yahoo
Subject: Re: [OutrightLibertarians] PDF Version & Promo Graphic [2 Attachments]

Mike,

Thanks. More input the better. We should be adding to this statement and pushing the discussion as much as possible.

The great patriot of our time is a slight unassuming self described gay atheist libertarian computer nerd. He should be our next presidential candidate.

Thanks, Mike. I'm not sure that tyranny is our best angle on this, however. The Board and its defenders can rightfully reply that it is not a state, and so the concept is inapplicable. Even more importantly, if the Board had voted unanimously with Williams,

we would still oppose the decision just as strongly, for all the reasons enunciated by Greenwald.