RE: [lpsf-discuss] Re: [BAP2] Donald Trump Op-Ed: “Let Me Ask America a Question”…

Clean house?
The GOP has <20% voters in many counties. That's inexcusable.
John

The elections system has been rigged to the benefit of the 2-party cartel for years. Donald Trump is only now talking about it because it's in his personal interest to do so. Where has he been when the Libertarian Party and others have been fighting for ballot access, with Libertarian candidates thrown off of ballots by Republicans, etc.?
Love & Liberty, ((( starchild )))
P.S. – "Clean house"? What do you think is going to happen?

You think Donald Trump is somehow going to make Republicans more popular if he is the party's nominee? Given his high negatives, the opposite seems more likely. But the good news for libertarians is it's not our problem!

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

John Kasich speaks at Parc 55 Hotel downtown SF on Friday, April 29. Commonwealth Club members can attend but it costs $30. I am strongly tempted to go, because if we can ask questions, I would ask if he now regrets having his campaign spend $592,000 on legal bills to keep the Libertarian Party gubernatorial candidate off the ballot in 2014, given that Kasich was re-elected Governor in that election by a 2-1 margin over his Democratic opponent.
I joined the Commonwealth Club just a week ago, for the first time, so it is paying off. But I would like other Libertarians to also attend to enhance the chances that one of us will get to ask a question. Richard Winger 415-922-9779 PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

Richard,

I'm not going to pay $30 to see an establishment Republican, but if you go, I certainly hope you get to ask that question! Though I encourage you to work the word "hypocrisy" into the phrasing, and explicitly contrast that Libertarian candidate's right to be on the ballot with Kasich's own current desire to stay in a race that most people would say he has no chance of winning, since he's only won a single state primary. Subtlety will go right over some listeners' heads!

By the way, since you say you just joined the Commonwealth Club, may I ask whether you found any good deals on membership? Mine just lapsed, and I'm not sure whether I want to renew.

Love & Liberty,
                              ((( starchild )))

Thanks for those good ideas.
It cost me $79 to join for a year. That was somewhat reduced from the normal price.
Richard Winger 415-922-9779 PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

No problem, and thanks for the dues info. Unfortunately that price isn't too great. When I joined at a discount (originally from Groupon, but the Club let me renew at the same price) it was $59. Even that I am having a hard time justifying to myself.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))