RE: [lpsf-discuss] Re: Airport Security

Thanks Derek and welcome to the LPSF. I do my best to be part of the welcoming committee so please let me take you to lunch if you are near downtown SF.

Regarding airport security, everyone wants to feel secure and the airlines want their customers to feel secure too. The airlines have every incentive to make sure their flights are safe. The Federal government has an incentive to obtain and hold power. They have no incentive to serve the customer. That's the problem.

Armed pilots and attendants could have stopped 9/11 and anything else that can happen in a cabin with light passenger screening. Baggage screening for explosive devices has very little impact on customers and can be done easily. It's too bad the airlines gave up their authority in the area of security in exchange for federal release of liability from terrorist related losses. So much for federal "protection". Now the airlines are off the hook and we are worse off if you ask me.

The TSA seems more about power than security and the imbalance doesn't make me feel any safer.

Let's talk more over lunch.

Best regards,

Michael Denny
Libertarian Party of San Francisco
(415) 986-7677 x123
mike@...
www.MichaelDenny.net
www.LPSF.org

Mike:

Sounds great. I work at 101 California and am available any time for lunch.

-Derek

Hey Mike:
Is this your standard practice? If so, where were you when I joined, huh?

On another note, I believe that the Bush Administration either contrived the 9/11 attack, or at the least, turned a blind eye so that their imperialistic/America the World's Policeman agenda could effected. As well as moving this country inexorably towards a type of police-state. Therefore, having said that, I have no patience or aquiesence towards the so-called "Airport Security." I am flying to San Diego for the holiday, and when I booked my reservation, I was informed that since I booked it a week before, this is considered "last-minute," and I will be subject to more intensive "security." I am interested to find out what this means in actuality.

A happy holiday to all,
Leilani, B.A., M.A., Phd.

Mike Denny <mike@...> wrote:
Thanks Derek and welcome to the LPSF. I do my best to be part of the welcoming committee so please let me take you to lunch if you are near downtown SF.

Regarding airport security, everyone wants to feel secure and the airlines want their customers to feel secure too. The airlines have every incentive to make sure their flights are safe. The Federal government has an incentive to obtain and hold power. They have no incentive to serve the customer. That's the problem.

Armed pilots and attendants could have stopped 9/11 and anything else that can happen in a cabin with light passenger screening. Baggage screening for explosive devices has very little impact on customers and can be done easily. It's too bad the airlines gave up their authority in the area of security in exchange for federal release of liability from terrorist related losses. So much for federal "protection". Now the airlines are off the hook and we are worse off if you ask me.

The TSA seems more about power than security and the imbalance doesn't make me feel any safer.

Let's talk more over lunch.

Best regards,

Michael Denny
Libertarian Party of San Francisco
(415) 986-7677 x123
mike@...
www.MichaelDenny.net
www.LPSF.org