RE: [lpsf-discuss] For Bob Parkhurst A New Thread Previously KGB Chief

Dear Ron,

Thanks for the essay by Murray Rothbard. I did take time to read it and found it very interesting. I can�t say if I have read this before or just read other things like it. I think you are correct it is worth reading. I�m not sure about the once a month for refreshing. I think Derek has the best perspective, �It's good stuff (95% of it).� I might quibble about the exact percent and that is only because I feel it is so cynical, it is almost self-defeating. I find that it is easy to get depressed these days.

It is too easy to get so frustrated that one feels that if something is not perfect it must be destroyed. Sometimes I feel that way myself and try to fight against that idea. That is just not the way life is and we sometimes have to support the best choices rather than only perfect ones.

I am not a registered Libertarian but I noticed when I visited your meeting, that you voted, used Robert�s Rules and even collected money (taxes?). I wonder if Murray Rothbard would consider this to be an evil organization that must be hated if not destroyed.

Very best wishes,

Robert Parkhurst

Dear Robert;

By using votes and Roberts Rules and receiving voluntary contributions for the pizza we do not become an evil organization as put forward by Murray Rothbard.

There is a vast difference between an organization which allows people to voluntarily come to together and through a degree of order have some nice times together without having too much chaos from conflicting points of views.

The evil which Rothbard meant would be when an organization maliciously evolves into a self-perpetuating institution and then begins to live for its own existence in total disregard of the people it purports to help.

As an example in Mordor the federal government which has grown from a extremely simple outfit to a giant monstrous cancer sucking life out of everyone through its existence and the taxes it takes to re-distribute for the "good of the people."

This is the Evil which stalks our country and the current leadership as I previously stated has done more to increase this Evil than any other in recent times and I do believe is laying the foundation for a neo-fascist government.

I do believe Der Fuhrer Herr Busch is through the Moron Munchkins of Mordor actively looking for or creating or cooking up some evil assault on this country so he can take charge like Hitler did after the phony Reichstag Fire - for the peoples own good of course.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

Robert Parkhurst <rmparkhurst@...> wrote:
          Dear Ron,

Thanks for the essay by Murray Rothbard. I did take time to read it and found it very interesting. I can�t say if I have read this before or just read other things like it. I think you are correct it is worth reading. I�m not sure about the once a month for refreshing. I think Derek has the best perspective, �It's good stuff (95% of it).� I might quibble about the exact percent and that is only because I feel it is so cynical, it is almost self-defeating. I find that it is easy to get depressed these days.

It is too easy to get so frustrated that one feels that if something is not perfect it must be destroyed. Sometimes I feel that way myself and try to fight against that idea. That is just not the way life is and we sometimes have to support the best choices rather than only perfect ones.

I am not a registered Libertarian but I noticed when I visited your meeting, that you voted, used Robert�s Rules and even collected money (taxes?). I wonder if Murray Rothbard would consider this to be an evil organization that must be hated if not destroyed.

Very best wishes,

Robert Parkhurst