RE: [lpsf-discuss] confiscation

And Truman was obviously the best.

[ Attachment content not displayed ]

I assumed Mike was referring to Truman's stepping back from some of the dangerous depredations of FDR (whom I would also tend to rank as the worst U.S. president ever), and letting many of FDR's wartime/depression era creations expire, although I am not well acquainted with the details of what Truman did or didn't do in this regard.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

why would you say Truman was the best?

pros: integrating the armed services, some may say using nuclear weapons to end the war, what else?

cons: democrat, Some may say using nuclear weapons to end the war

And Truman was obviously the best.

From: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Derek Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:08 AM
To: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [lpsf-discuss] confiscation

Here is a chart I just did, using BEA and OMB data:

It shows total government receipts (total personal and corporate income taxes plus social security and medicare receipts) divided by the GDP of that year. Both are in nominal dollars so inflation is not a factor, (except for the second order effect that inflation tends to lead to nominal capital gains that the government can tax, without any real wealth accruing to the owner of the asset)

I think the most appropriate title to this chart is "Just how bad was FDR?" He's easily our worst president ever IMO.

--
View my blog at http://derekj72.blogspot.com

SPONSORED LINKS

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-discuss" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-discuss-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>

--
View my blog at http://derekj72.blogspot.com

SPONSORED LINKS

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-discuss" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-discuss-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>

Dear Starchild and Everyone Else;

Among some the good things Truman did was the integration of the US Military by edict.

The Berlin Airlift was little more problematical he had to stave off starvation in Berlin when the Russians shut down the roads leading to Berlin. but still.....

However, the bad things almost but not quite reads like FDR's.

The Marshall Plan - The Truman Doctrine giving aid to Greece and Turkey to fight Communists - The Korean War Police Action - The Atomic Bomb Decisions - NATO - The FAIR DEAL which was the Fair Housing Act to provide federal funds to clear slums - the minimum wage was raised and Social Secutiyr was expanded - intervention in the coal steel and railroad strikes - including seizing steel mills to keep them running during the Korean war -

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Starchild <sfdreamer@...> wrote:
I assumed Mike was referring to Truman's stepping back from some of
the dangerous depredations of FDR (whom I would also tend to rank as
the worst U.S. president ever), and letting many of FDR's
wartime/depression era creations expire, although I am not well
acquainted with the details of what Truman did or didn't do in this
regard.

Yours in liberty,
<<< Starchild >>>