RE: [lpsf-activists] State Ballot Measure - Water Bond - Prop 43

Hi Aubrey:
Would have tried my hand at it but I’m away for the next few days and overwhelmed as it is so I’m going to pass…
Francoise

Subject: [lpsf-activists] State Ballot Measure - Water Bond - Prop 43 [1
Attachment]
From: “Aubrey Freedman aubreyfreedman@yahoo.com [lpsf-activists]”
<lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, July 07, 2014 2:44 am
To: LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>

[Attachment(s) from Aubrey Freedman included below]

Hi All. There is an $11.14 billion water bond slated to appear on the November ballot. I have contacted the state LP to see if they want to submit an argument against it, but I have not heard back yet. The word a few days ago was that the state legislature couldn’t come to terms on the bond and that it would not be on the ballot in November, but I spoke with the lady at the Secretary of State on Thursday afternoon, and she said that it will remain on the ballot. Since the deadline is Tuesday, July 8 5:00 PM to submit any arguments, I suggest the LPSF submit something. Trish (from the coalition against Plan Bay Area and also a panelist at our Prop 13 Tax Symposium) has written a good, solid argument against this bond, and we can use her argument. (She is not into the proprietary business and has stated that any of the coalition groups can use her argument as they wish and can add or delete as it suits them.)

The legislators have been toying with this bond measure since 2009, if you can believe it, and have put off having the voters vote on it until this year when we’re in a drought year and “Safe, Clean, & Reliable Drinking Water Supply Act” might go over better with the voters. It’s full of pork. Here is the link: Qualified Statewide Ballot Measures - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State

Qualified Statewide Ballot Measures - Elections & Voter …
Qualified Statewide Ballot Measures Subscribe to California Secretary of State Ballot Measure Update in a reader Subscribe to California Secretary of State Ballot …

View on www.sos.ca.gov

Preview by Yahoo

Please advise if you think the LPSF should submit the argument by Tuesday. If so, I (or anyone else interested) could tinker with it on Monday night just to make it a little bit different, if any of the other coalition members against Plan Bay Area submit the argument too. I have no time to do a major rewrite with the deadline so close, but if anyone else wants to do one, that’s fine with me. If the LPSF chooses to submit the argument, I will take care of faxing, emailing, and sending the originals to the Secretary of State on Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Posted by: francoise@thefieldingcompanies.com

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups
PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use

I’m working on it now.

Mike

I vote in favor of the SFLP doing this.

Richard Winger
415-922-9779415-922-9779
PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147