RE: [lpsf-activists] Re: Phil Berg For LPSF Chair

I agree. Just wanted Aubrey to know that people thought the option was available and that there would be people supporting that.
Both Phil and Aubrey would make great chairmen so however they want to work it out is fine (asssuming no one else wants to run;)
Francoise

Subject: Re: [lpsf-activists] Re: Phil Berg For LPSF Chair
Date: Thu, October 20, 2011 2:35 pm
To: <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>

Dear Francoise,

Your suggestion makes sense to me from a fairness perspective.

However, I feel what works for Phil and Aubrey trumps fairness. IOW, if Aubrey would like to be vice chair and do the nuts and bolts, and Phil would like to be chair and not do them, then this seems workable even though it rates as “unfair.”

Warm regards, Michael

To: lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:28 PM
Subject: RE: [lpsf-activists] Re: Phil Berg For LPSF Chair

If Aubrey is going to be doing most of the work (nuts and bolts) and Phil is going to be the figurehead, maybe Aubrey should be the Chair and Phil could be Vice-Chair which, so far does not seem to have a lot of work attached to the position. Just out of fairness I think the person who does the work should get the “glory” whatever that is.
Francoise

Subject: [lpsf-activists] Re: Phil Berg For LPSF Chair
Date: Thu, October 20, 2011 10:36 am
To: lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com

Dear Michael and All,

Thank you to Michael for starting the ball rolling on the LPSF search for good activists who will be willing to serve as officers in 2012. At the last LPSF meeting, both Jawj and I announced that we would not be serving in 2011. We have not yet heard from our current Vice Chair and our current Treasurer as to whether they wish to continue their service.

Regarding the office of Chair, Phil has indicated that he would be willing to serve (thank you, Phil!) if Aubrey serves as Vice Chair and takes care of “the nuts and bolts.” So that Aubrey can make an informed decision, perhaps Phil can let Aubrey know how extensive are the nuts and bolts he is referring to. For information, here are the tasks that I take care of at present, will not be taking care of next year, and that the next ExCom needs to decide on diving up, substituting, etc.

1. Prepare an agenda one week before each meeting, and post on lpsf-activist list. Then post as is or modified with additions etc, on the LPSF website two or three days afterwards.

2. Announce the monthly LPSF meetings on the LPSF website, and watch the lpsf-announce to ensure accuracy of meeting location.

3. Ensure that the LPSF website has current content.

4. Chair LPSF monthly meeting.

5. Pick up mail at the LPSF mailbox.

6. Listen to the LPSF Ring Central voice messages, and return the calls.

7. Upload attendance sheets and other documents deemed important to keep to the LPSF cloud storage. (Note: the Secretary uploads the minutes. We have not had paper records for the past few years.)

8. Forward information on new members to LPCA.

These are the “nuts and bolts.” Another job of the Chair is to find ways to promote and further the objectives of the LPSF, by encouraging political participation, attending events, etc.

Hope this helps.

Marcy

Dear Aubrey,

Below is an excerpt of an email to me from our former chair, Phil Z. Berg.

What do you think?

Warm regards, Michael

To: <dredelstein@…>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:21 PM
Subject: lpsf chair

Mike, thank you for the vote of confidence.

…I am aware that disaster comes when good men do nothing.

So with a little more encouragement…I could be convinced to take a
leadership role.

My conditions would be two fold.

I would like Aubry to agree to be my vice chair and take on the role
of the nuts and bolts…

P

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you’re on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: [Text-Only](mailto:lpsf-activists-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional), [Daily Digest](mailto:lpsf-activists-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest) • UnsubscribeTerms of Use

It's all good

Hi Phil & All! As usual, I'm way behind on reading the latest emails, but I skipped to this stream of emails because it caught my eye. Marcy and I discussed this problem on the way back from one of the Pride days, and it has been on my mind since then. I actually thought of this same scenario a few months ago but never mentioned it to anyone, because I wasn't sure if you (Phil) would go for the idea. You have a great presence and passion for liberty that I noticed the very first time when I saw you in action in the first monthly meeting after the November election last year. (You're also outrageous and prone to bawdy humor, but that's OK too.) Your style would obviously be very different from Marcy's, but I think we can make this work. I have absolutely no interest in being Chair at this point--I feel too much like the new kid on the block when it comes to political activism, but I am a good foot soldier and I work better behind the scenes
making sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed.

Thank you, Marcy, for not including the monitoring of the Discussion and Activist lists as part of the nuts and bolts. As you know, after long hours at work five days a week, I have absolutely no interest in turning on my computer when I get home most nights, and I have to force myself to go on a few times a week, just to keep somewhat current. Hopefully you and Chris (in New Hampshire) could continue to handle that responsibility, which you both do so very well.

Also, Marcy, while you will be giving up much of your work, hopefully you will still be a very active member of our group. As we've discussed before, you bring good old-fashioned horse sense and balance to our little group. Like the great little article you wrote and posted about Proposition A (school bonds) on our website, who else but you would have taken a look at the No on A listed at the very top of the our recommendations and known that something needed to be added to the website to put that blunt No on A in proper perspective. As we all know, we Libertarians don't have the best image around, and a thousand Thanks to Marcy for trying to improve that.

Finally, Francoise and others of you who have been active in the past, please come back and help out. Even from my limited experiences in the past year working as an activist, I can sincerely say that there is an interest out there in Libertarian ideas and cutting back government, even here in the bluest city in America. I very specifically remember one guy at Pride thanking us for being at Pride and having a booth there. And from my work on the postcards, one lady emailed me back that she definitely wanted to receive our election recommendation postcard and wanted to vote Libertarian as much as possible this year. All is not gloom and doom--we can make a difference!

Thanks!
Aubrey

Aubrey, you are the best!

Marcy