Propose that the LPSF support Prop. G and oppose Prop. Q

I propose that the LPSF oppose Proposition Q (prohibiting tents on sidewalks) and support Proposition G (police oversight reform), and that we allocate an amount equal to the amount spent on our paid ballot arguments toward advocating these two positions (producing outreach materials and/or paying for advertising.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

I oppose, but whatever....

Marcy

Why do you think we don't have time, Mike? We haven't taken any position on these measures, have yet to send out or publish our recommendations, and the election's over two months away. Plenty of time to advertise and/or distribute outreach materials.

I think the ballot arguments (due Monday) were the train that has left the station – the "next time" in my mind is now. There aren't always the civil liberties-related measures on the ballot that there are this cycle. This is the time we should be speaking out on them.

I do appreciate your comments in the thread in response to Marcy.

Love & Liberty,
                              ((( starchild )))

That’s what I meant….you said “spend the same amount of money this election” I thought. That was the train that left the station. All the rest is OK. Happy to step back into the discussion. I got busy tonight. But I see you are doing just fine without me. Back in action shortly.

Smile.

Mike

Just reread your statement below….I stand corrected.

Mike