Notice of Resignation

Richard,

Being secretary in your own county of residence makes sense. There's no reason as far as I'm concerned why you should leave your LPSF position though, unless you don't feel you have time to do both, as I see nothing wrong with you holding both positions. Rebecca I understand is also vice-chair of the Manhattan LP. The LPSF will certainly miss your energy and enthusiasm as an activist if you were to curtail that involvement.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Well Richard, you don't need to be formally "affiliated" (in the eyes of the Libertarian Party of California) with the LPSF in order to be an officer or fully participate with us (let alone just take minutes) so far as I or our current bylaws are concerned. Of course whether or not we can have an arrangement like that going forward is among the bylaws issues we've been debating!

Personally I hope we'll continue to allow it. If someone wants to hold a position in another county but is willing/able to come to LPSF meetings and be an activist here, more power to them I say. The party and the freedom movement for which it stands are fortunate to have dedicated activists like that. In any case, I'm happy to accept your retraction of your resignation and let you continue as secretary until at least next month's meeting.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
LPSF Chair
(415) 625-FREE