New No On H Endorser!

I just got off the phone with Calvin Louie, candidate for SF Treasurer. Mostly we talked about Treasurer's race stuff, but toward the end I asked him if he had taken positions on any of the measures on the local ballot. He said the only two that he'd taken positions on were B (no) and F (yes). I asked him about H, and he said he hadn't studied it. So I asked him if he supported the Bill of Rights, and he said yes. Then I asked him if he agreed that the Bill of Rights protects the right to keep and bear arms, and he said yes. I asked if he thought a ban on handguns would violate peoples' right to keep and bear arms, and he said yes. So I said "Then that means you oppose the handgun ban, Proposition H?" and he said yes! I said, "I can quote you on that?" and he said yes again. "I personally don't own guns, but I don't have a problem with other people having them. My brothers have guns," he told me. I sure wish simple facts and logic worked that well all the time! 8)

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>
  Outreach Director, Libertarian Party of San Francisco

Dear Starchild;

Good show on asking for and getting a No on H endorsement from Calvin Louie.

One thing for everyone to please keep in mind. When the original 10 Bill of Rights were attached to the US Constitution they enumerated what Congress could not do. People did have the right to keep and bear arms. The 2nd Amendment stated Congress could not take this away by dis-arming the Militia.

Individual states under the 10th Amendment have chosen to abrogate the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution by dis-arming citizens. Local communities contrary to the US Constitution have also chosen to do this but in reality are in violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Proposition H not only dis-arms people who have qualified to own handguns it also makes criminals of them should they choose not to comply to the SF law. It also is a violation of state and federal laws regarding gun ownership.

I don't even want to think about what could happen if a handgun owner calls up Supervisor Chris Daly and says they legally own a handgun if Daly wants it come and get it.

Lastly, it won't stop drug dealers from killing drug dealers in drug deals gone down wrong. Nor stop gang members from killing each other in turf battles.

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Starchild <sfdreamer@...> wrote:
      I just got off the phone with Calvin Louie, candidate for SF
Treasurer. Mostly we talked about Treasurer's race stuff, but toward
the end I asked him if he had taken positions on any of the measures on
the local ballot. He said the only two that he'd taken positions on
were B (no) and F (yes). I asked him about H, and he said he hadn't
studied it. So I asked him if he supported the Bill of Rights, and he
said yes. Then I asked him if he agreed that the Bill of Rights
protects the right to keep and bear arms, and he said yes. I asked if
he thought a ban on handguns would violate peoples' right to keep and
bear arms, and he said yes. So I said "Then that means you oppose the
handgun ban, Proposition H?" and he said yes! I said, "I can quote you
on that?" and he said yes again. "I personally don't own guns, but I
don't have a problem with other people having them. My brothers have
guns," he told me. I sure wish simple facts and logic worked that well
all the time! 8)

Yours in liberty,
                        <<< Starchild >>>
      Outreach Director, Libertarian Party of San Francisco

SPONSORED LINKS
U s government grant Libertarian party U s government student loan California politics