My op-ed in defense of sex work (Bay Area Reporter)

Here here!
John

I don't know how anybody can call himself a libertarian who doesn't support voluntary consensual trade in sex, knowingly feigned affection or anything else for that matterNina

Mitchell…please clarify. There appears to be some uncertainly. Are you supporting laws that make voluntary consensual trade in sex, knowingly feigned affection or anything else for that matter along these lines….illegal?

Mike

Speaking poorly of a voluntary trade, is the foundation of its prohibition. Any pretense otherwise is no more than thinly-veiled hostility seeking a collective remedy and we all know the horrors of such remedies.
In this discussion, the pretense has looked like someone holding the gun and denying the murder, pointing to the bullet as the cause, "I just squeezed the trigger doing my best not to him". "It's just a civil conversation about issues".
Bull shit! It's the uncivil promotion of the unacceptable and its condemnation is as worthy of discussion as anything else...especially in this company.

It seems we will have to respectfully disagree here John….speaking poorly of a behavior is not the same as lobbying for the use of force to prohibit a practice. We are all free to lobby for what we believe to represent our values and defend them in the marketplace of ideas…at least here on the discuss list.

Of course one wouldn’t expect to be having this discussion on our activist list.

Mike