Marcy's Update on SB1 (Redevelopment Revisited)

Hi All! Thanks, Marcy, for the update on SB1 on our website. I will put in a call to the Governor's office today to register my opposition to the bill and, as noted in your update, he vetoed this type of bill before, so he ought to be receptive to doing it again. For those who want to help, the number is 916-445-2841 and the aide I spoke with the other day was quite friendly.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey and All,

Nuts! We folks with day jobs cannot keep up with the bureaucrats! I checked again, and SB1 is not yet on the Governor’s desk, but still in the Assembly to be read a third time. I changed the wording on the website, but kept the suggestion to call Gov Brown, since even if SB1 passes the Legislature, it needs to be approved Brown (remember, he did not like the Redevelopment Agency one bit). I saw a couple of websites in favor of SB1 suggesting pressuring Brown, so we should do the same to keep up with the opposition.

Hi All! Thanks, Marcy, for the update on SB1 on our website. I will put in a call to the Governor’s office today to register my opposition to the bill and, as noted in your update, he vetoed this type of bill before, so he ought to be receptive to doing it again. For those who want to help, the number is 916-445-2841 and the aide I spoke with the other day was quite friendly.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: [Text-Only](mailto:lpsf-activists-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional), [Daily Digest](mailto:lpsf-activists-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest) • UnsubscribeTerms of Use • [Send us Feedback](mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback on the redesigned individual mail v1)

Hi Aubrey and All,

Nuts! We folks with day jobs cannot keep up with the bureaucrats! I checked again, and SB1 is not yet on the Governor’s desk, but still in the Assembly to be read a third time. I changed the wording on the website, but kept the suggestion to call Gov Brown, since even if SB1 passes the Legislature, it needs to be approved Brown (remember, he did not like the Redevelopment Agency one bit). I saw a couple of websites in favor of SB1 suggesting pressuring Brown, so we should do the same to keep up with the opposition.

Hi All! Thanks, Marcy, for the update on SB1 on our website. I will put in a call to the Governor’s office today to register my opposition to the bill and, as noted in your update, he vetoed this type of bill before, so he ought to be receptive to doing it again. For those who want to help, the number is 916-445-2841 and the aide I spoke with the other day was quite friendly.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: [Text-Only](mailto:lpsf-activists-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional), [Daily Digest](mailto:lpsf-activists-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest) • UnsubscribeTerms of Use • [Send us Feedback](mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback on the redesigned individual mail v1)