LPSF Mailbox

I thought I'd sent this after our last meeting, but just found it apparently unsent, so am sending now...

You did send it. here is the response that I wrote
There are cheaper mailboxes. Offix Edge is $192 a year, but it's in the Sunset district.http://offixedge.com/physical-mail-boxes/

Another suggestion I have is renting a digital mailbox. You can check your mail through an app without picking it up. If there's something you want, they can open it and scan it, or mail it to you. I don't think we get a lot of mail.
If we get less than 3 pieces of mail for month, we can rent a box for $99 a year.Digital Mailboxes in San Francisco - Castro St (California) | Anytime Mailbox
Rebecca

>

Digital Mailboxes in San Francisco - Castro St (California) | Anytime Ma...

Virtual Mailboxes in San Francisco - Castro St (California)
>

>

>

I thought I'd sent this after our last meeting, but just found it apparently unsent, so am sending now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hi All,
Good meeting today, thanks to all who were able to make it. One item I forgot to get back to that was on the agenda is our LPSF mailing address.
We had a mailbox rental at a place called the Wash Club on Frederick Street that cost $35 a year. Unfortunately they have permanently closed the location and moved to Folsom Street, and no longer offer mailboxes at their new location. They left a check for the balance remaining on our rental term, which Nick told me he r
Doing some research, I found out that the mailbox place that used to be on Sanchez Street near my place has also closed. I checked three other places in my neighborhood and found out they are way pricier, by an order of magnitude. The least expensive (and most conveniently located) one (Mail Access at 2261 Market St.) is $340/year ($28.33 per month); the two others I looked at are even more (PO Plus at 584 Castro St. is $372 a year, and the UPS outlet at 2370 Market St. $498 a year).
While we have the money, I'm not sure it's worth paying so much, and I'd still like to see if there's a more reasonable option out there.
One interesting feature some of these places do offer is allowing multiple people to receive mail at these addresses under one mailbox. If we had at least a couple people who were willing to pay part of the cost in exchange for being able to receive personal mail there, that could reduce the expense to the party considerably.
Another option could be for mail to go to someone's personal (home) address. There are drawbacks to this however.
I'd like to see if we can find a more inexpensive mailbox rental first. If anyone has any leads, or thoughts on this in general, speak up.
Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Hey Starchild
We still don't have a phsyical address for the LPSF, since our old mailbox became unavailable due to closure for construction. You mentioned there is a place nearby to where you live which might work. Please do follow up on that and see if we can get a new mailing address soon. Last time I was at the Wash Club, (520 Frederick) they were still not done with the construction-- but it might be worth checking if/how soon we can get that box back so our address doesn't need to change.

Thanks
Nick

__._,_.___ Posted by: Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net>

Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (3) |

Visit Your Group
    • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
__,_._,___

Ah, right you are Rebecca. I remember reading that now. I shouldn't try to think about these things at this time of the morning when I haven't slept! Thanks...

A couple questions though... Nick, do you know whether we have been getting fewer than 3 pieces of mail a month? Rebecca, do you know what the $99/year box Digital Mailboxes place's policy would be if there were a month where we did get more mail than that? If we could do that plan and an occasional surcharge when we go over quota, that could be a good bet. Probably not good to assume we'd never go over though.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

I'd rather not limit ourselves to 3 pieces of mail a month. If we want to
grow as an organization, we should welcome physical correspondence from
anyone who wants to learn more about us, provided it's not just
advertisements/junk mail. Compared to neighboring counties, LPSF is well
endowed financially; I'm not concerned about paying a little more to not
limit ourselves on volume of mail received.