[LPC County Officers] Summary of 8/5/2006 Executive Committee

People:

I voted for the 99$ fee and given that I am by far the hardest core anarchist on the LPC (that's saying something in a group that includes Messrs. Samuels, Selzer and Brown) let me explain in the simplest terms why that was the correct vote.

The overwhelming desire of the average LPC member was to have a.) a convention on land, b.) a convention in Northern California and c.) a convention that was affordable and accessible. Since the bulk of the work in finding such a convention bid fell entirely on Terry Floyd, some of us decided to make his work a little easier by ensuring that the convention planner wouldn't take a such a hard hit and shutting the mouths of the those who are afraid that people even odder than themselves (not an easy feat considering that there is not one person currently sitting on the LPC Ex Com that could possibly pass as normal by middle American standards) might show up.

Starchild, if wish to put an end to this madness, run for chair. I will run your campaign. Given that I have not lost an election in 11 years, you can start planning the 2008 convention now. Everyone would be happy. I could start choosing candidates that would actually get media attention and the LPC could enter the 20th century.

Angela Keaton, At Large Member LPC, At Large Rep LNC

Starchild, if wish to put an end to this madness, run for chair. I will run your campaign. Given that I have not lost an election in 11 years, you can start planning the 2008 convention now. Everyone would be happy. I could start choosing candidates that would actually get media attention and the LPC could enter the 20th century.