[LPC County Officers] Participating County Parties

Marcy,

If you look carefully, you'll see that Aaron did not say 75% of the counties have signed the MARA agreement, although that may be the impression he wanted to create. What he said is that counties which will be included in the mailing cover over 75% of LPC members. However, I suspect that a number of the counties listed are inactive counties which did not necessarily authorize the agreement but are simply being included by the LPC. Even the participation of major listed counties like Santa Clara and San Diego was not necessarily secured by an actual vote of the members at a county meeting, but simply by one person from that county at the ExCom giving tentative approval (this was definitely the case with Santa Clara, although it's possible they subsequently held a full vote). So the "75%" figure is very misleading.

In any case, thanks for holding off until we can discuss it at the September 10 meeting.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

Forwarding update from Aaron Starr. 75% of Counties have signed the MARA Agreement. Deadline has been extended to Monday (Labor Day) 6:00 pm.

Since so far, I have only seen one comment in favor of signing and several against, I am willing to wait for a discussion at our next meeting on September 10.

If we do not sign by Sep 5, I will send out a letter on behalf of the LPSF (at LPSF cost) appraising our County of what is going on very soon after our meeting of September 10. In the very least we need to appraise our County that after Oct 1, their dues go up to $50.00.

Please remember, the LPSF is not an entity in itself. Its existence as a *political party* stems solely from LP CA's charter.

Marcy

To: countyofficers@ca.lp.org
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:33 PM
Subject: [LPC County Officers] Participating County Parties

County Officers,

The following counties will be part of the mailing this week to convert national party donors toCaliforniaparty donors:

Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Los Angeles, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Orange, Placer, Plumas, San Benito, San Diego, Santa Clara, Sierra, Solano, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Ventura, Yolo, Yuba.

My understanding is that this will cover over 75% of the members inCalifornia.

If any other county party wishes to become part of this mailing, we are extending the deadline for executing the MARA agreement to tomorrow at6:00pm.

Aaron Starr

Chairman

Libertarian Party ofCalifornia

(805) 583-3308 Home

(805) 404-8693Mobile

(805) 583-3337 FAX

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-activists" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>