Looking back at 2015

I subscribe to MoveOn's petition site to keep a eye on them. Recently I asked myself, is there a Libertarian petition site? Well, is there?

Nina

I subscribe to MoveOn for the same reason. As far as I know, Libertarians have no petition site -- maybe too unLibertarian or something.

Marcy

Not that I know of, Nina. The idea occurred to me also. Originally, when I was on the LNC, I came up with the idea of having people sign petitions in support of motions or prospective motions before the committee as a way to encourage LNC members to listen more to the membership and generate more support on the body for bottom-up governance in the party. Then it occurred to me that we really need a general libertarian-oriented petition site along the lines of MoveOn or Change.org, and the LP-specific part of it focused on lobbying the LNC could be just a small, specialized part of a larger site aimed at moving public policy in a libertarian direction. If anyone comes across such a site, please let us know.

In the meantime, there is Simpolfy.com, which I recently posted about here. Has anyone checked out the site? If you do, I encourage you to "trust" me, and the LPSF, there.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

When I tried to go to simpolfy.com McAfee gave me a strong, bold, full-page warning that the website exhibit very "risky" behaviors and asking if I really want to go there. Sigh.
Nina

It's more likely Libertarians don't have a site because no one wants to volunteer to keep it up.
Les

Agreed, Les. Not enough volunteers. Regarding Nina's anti-virus warning when trying to reach Simpolfy: I ran a website check with Norton Antivirus and did not see a warning. Then I visited Simpolfy, then ran a scan of my computer, but there were no tracking cookies warning. So, unless Norton is not being efficient here, I would say Simpolfy is OK.

When I have some time hopefully today I will go back to Simpolfy and put a "Trust" on the Libertarian Party of San Francisco. Not sure I will put a "Trust" on Starchild's erotic services ad, but maybe I will. If I can figure how to do it, I will try to bring in another issue under the LPSF, so that we don't have only two, whether marijuana should be legalized and whether the minimum wage should be raised (the latter with like 90% "yes." Sigh...). Good subjects for issues might be subjects we have opposed on LPSF ballot arguments; that way we are posting positions we at the LPSF agree on.

Thanks for pointing to the Simpolfy website, Starchild. Thanks Les, for pointing to the lack of volunteers...yes, we need some.

Marcy

Marcy,

It's not an erotic services ad, lol! I just established a profile for myself to take positions on issues. Thanks though for reminding me to ask Simpolfy's co-founder, whom I met at the YIMBY event, about how other people can update the LPSF's profile by adding more issues. I plan to add more myself; marijuana and the minimum wage just happened to be the two that I noticed while briefly looking at that part of the site which I figured were clear-cut enough that there wouldn't be any dispute among our group about taking a stand.

Les,

There are lots of libertarian websites out there, but yeah, we can always use more volunteers. It is somewhat ironic that here in the heart of the tech nation we don't have more computer know-how in a libertarian group.

Nina,

I sent the Simpolfy guy a note letting him know about your warning from McAfee, will let you know if I hear anything back about that.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

Starchild:

I thought Nina was referring to the Libertarian Party, but she just says Libertarian so I guess I didn't think it through.

Les

Hi Starchild

I got so busy I was unable to investigate Simpolfy. I thought you were asking us to contribute to the LPSF entry, but maybe that is not the way it works. Either way, I still think it is a great idea to promote the LPSF by using on line venues.

Marcy

Marcy,

It's not an erotic services ad, lol! I just established a profile for myself to take positions on issues. Thanks though for reminding me to ask Simpolfy's co-founder, whom I met at the YIMBY event, about how other people can update the LPSF's profile by adding more issues. I plan to add more myself; marijuana and the minimum wage just happened to be the two that I noticed while briefly looking at that part of the site which I figured were clear-cut enough that there wouldn't be any dispute among our group about taking a stand.

Les,

There are lots of libertarian websites out there, but yeah, we can always use more volunteers. It is somewhat ironic that here in the heart of the tech nation we don't have more computer know-how in a libertarian group.

Nina,

I sent the Simpolfy guy a note letting him know about your warning from McAfee, will let you know if I hear anything back about that.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))