Libertarians at GSA Conference

Richard,

Yes, I called again and someone answered this time. They sent me a form for reserving a table, which is attached. (It says on the form to return it by November 11, but the coordinator I spoke with didn't say anything about that and I suspect as long as they get it sooner or later there's no problem.) They will provide a table, and the cost to us (as a nonprofit) is $25. I believe it starts at 9:00 am, and we can be there all day from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm, but aside from short breaks between workshops, the main time that the students will have to visit the booths is during lunch, from 12:45 to 1:45 pm. The workshops are already scheduled, so there aren't any speaking opportunities.

The whole format of this sounds very similar to a daylong thing that Mike Denny and Kelly Russell Simpson and I went to at Leadership High School a couple years ago. That event was worthwhile and interesting overall, but traffic was extremely slow most of the day. Also, the kids weren't terribly interested in reading literature as I recall. I asked the coordinator about electricity, and he told me they should be able to get us a location near an outlet if desired. I suggest that we bring a TV and VCR, and have some kind of video playing. Do we have anything GLBTQ-related? Did anybody ever get a copy of that great documentary on the effects of gun control? (I forget the name.) We could invite the Pink Pistols to join us and have that be the tie-in. Thoughts?

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

YESTablingregform-1.doc (62 KB)