Iran's holocaust cartoon competition

[ Attachment content not displayed ]

To make the comparison fair, wouldn't we need to invade Israel first?

-- Steve

Perhaps this rephrasing will make the point clear:
"To make the comparison fair, wouldn't we need to be occupying Israel?"

Or in other words; the cartoon is the match, not the fuel to this fire.

-- Steve

Derek,

Do you feel "arabs" are any less human that Israelis or yourself?

-- Steve

Ok, so if we agree that they are just as human, then it's reasonable to start with the assumption that we would do the same thing in their shoes. Do you feel your posts have employed that assumption?

-- Steve

Dear Derek and Steve;

As the old Indian saying goes - Don't judge another until you have walked a mile in his moccasins.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:

Steve:

It is not reasonable to assume I would do the same in their shoes.

Hitler was human. Steve Dekorte is human. I don't think you have to
step in hitler's shoes to say that gassing 6 million jews is wrong.

It is not reasonable to assume I would do the same in their shoes.

Hitler was human. Steve Dekorte is human.

The point was about group generalizations.

I don't think you have to
step in hitler's shoes to say that gassing 6 million jews is wrong.

But you need to step in the shoes of the collective German people to understand why it was allowed to happen. Without that ability, one can only conclude that Germans are inhuman.

-- Steve

Dear Steve;

A small point of order on the "collective" Germans peoples "allowing" the gassing of the Jews.

When Hitler started his full-throated dictatorship using the Reichstags Fire as Bush used 9/11 the German people had been slowly but surely having their collective thought de-sensitized and in turn Nazified very slowy but surely before they knew collectively what hit them.

The Nazis and their taking over all aspects of German life and I do mean all aspects was best described this way.

There was an important railroad bridge over a river used very heavily for commute purposes. It needed replacing but traffic couldn't be stopped to do the bridge replacement. So the work was done one rivet by rivet one truss by truss one steel beam by steel beam. Ultimately the Duetsches business man looked up from his Der Zeitung newspaper to realize the whole bridge had been replaced.

Hitler's Nazis formed mirror organizations for every aspect of German life from business to church to social to community to charity to medical to legal to police to whatever could be controlled. Then with their well organized groups they invited the less organized to join with them and took them over. Every aspect of the Germans life became Nazified and the German who spoke out could and did literally disappear overnight to the political prisoners camps.

A small example was a college where some 120 Nazi Party college students managed to belong to some 300 various community organizations from social to community to charity to church to business. They presented a group of faces who were clean well scrubbed polite college students working to better the respective organization. The students DID NOT belong to a single political organization.

The collective Germans did not allow they had no known voice in stopping the onslaught. Some did what they could - like Schindler - others like some parish priests using secret backing from Pope Pius XII hid hundreds of Jews.

But never did the collective make the decisions.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:

Derek,

As I'm sure you know, one legitimate perspective is that, first, a
predominantly Arab region was invaded by the forced insertion, in
1948, of the predominantly European nation of Israel, resulting from
European and American politics, manipulating territory that Britain
had acquired from the Turks as a result of World War I.

Regards,
Allen Rice

-- In lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Derek Jensen <derekj72@...>
wrote:

Steve:

As I'm sure you know, Israel was invaded by much larger Arab

forces in 1948,

1967, and 1973.

>
>
> > TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's best-selling newspaper has launched a
> > competition to find the best cartoon about the Holocaust in
> > retaliation for the publication in many European countries of
> > caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.
> >
> > Anyone want to speculate on how many scenes of wild-eyed

rioting Jews

> > we're going to witness firebombing Iranian and other Muslim

countries'

> > embassies throughout the world?
>
> To make the comparison fair, wouldn't we need to invade Israel

first?