International anarchy

Good analogy, Starchild. Although I would have to mull over the idea of a group of traditional governments, some of which pretty darn repressive, qualifying as an anarchic state. Regarding Seasteading, as long as the inhabitants of Seastead do not receive any Medicare, Social Security, unemployment insurance, mainland ER services, I am OK with it; however, refusing those "services" would require Seasteaders to be stateless, and I am wondering if that is the objective.

Marcy

Seasteading believes that liberty should not be only for the rich. For the bwealthy, there is no particular reason to live under any particular flag. But for most people, their economic future has been confiscated by their governments and they are stuck with a low standard of living in the country where they have been indentured.

Meanwhile, those who can afford it are already at sea and living under whatever flag serves them best...not the US.

The World of ResidenSea
The World is the only private residential community-at-sea where its
Residents may travel the globe without ever leaving home. Since it first set sail in 2002, The ...aboardtheworld.com - Cached
  * Careers
  * Our Story
  * Our Home
  * Experience
  * Journey
  * Contact
  * Press Room
  * Legal

And by the way there is still no slavery and cannibalism, even after ten years without the state to keep them in line. Impossible!

Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] Re: International anarchy

Seasteading believes that liberty should not be only for the rich. For the bwealthy, there is no particular reason to live under any particular flag. But for most people, their economic future has been confiscated by their governments and they are stuck with a low standard of living in the country where they have been indentured.

Meanwhile, those who can afford it are already at sea and living under whatever flag serves them best...not the US.

The World of ResidenSea
The World is the only private residential community-at-sea where its

Residents may travel the globe without ever leaving home. Since it first set sail in 2002, The ...aboardtheworld.com - Cached

Please don't get me wrong, I am all for experiments such as Seasteading. I just want to know whether Seasteaders will avail themselves of U.S. benefits such as Social Security, etc., which was not included in your reply, John. BTW, Seasteaders are not addressing the fact that U.S. laws clearly indicate that the income of U.S. citizens working anywhere, cruise ships or otherwise, is taxable, period. Of course, it could be that the Seasteaders might me negotiating some deal with the U.S. government to change that law, in which case more power to them.

Marcy

It may be too late for US citizens. They cannot afford to abandon their savings and social security unless it all becomes worthless.

We would not likely conduct business under US flag so seasteaders would not have any relationship with the US government unless they were US citizens. Then that relationship is their problem. We can't fix it. Whether we will get UN recognition as a sovereign nation has yet to be seen. Even whether it makes any sense is questionable. Most shipping has fled US registry for Panama, Libya, Honduras, or Bahamas as an acceptable alternative.

It was only US citizens that were forced to be killed in Vietnam. It is only US citizens who are being fleeced by the military industrial complex. The only advantage comes from the relationship the US government has with the reserve currency to drain money from the global economy. And that has been a big advantage for some time.