Has this list become "GOP-SF-discuss?"

I entirely disagree.

Libertarian Party resources are resources for registered Libertarian Party voters (and party members), not the "libertarian movement."

The Libertarian Party exists to run candidates and campaign for those candidates, as Libertarians on the ballot -- not to rally people to vote for Democrats and Republicans who have some positions that might be Libertarian.

And it certainly doesn't exist to be a resource PRIMARILY for a Republican Party campaign that undermines the liberties of some Americans.

I don't mind an occasional "Ron Paul update," but 11 messages a day exhorting Libertarians to participate in Republican Party politics are not appropriate -- and they wouldn't be accepted on GOP or Democratic Party lists if the e-mails were about George Phillies and Libertarian Party meetings.

Registered Libertarians who wish to support Ron Paul are free to do so, but I'd ask they be mindful of the fact that the Libertarian Party exists to run its own campaign, and regardless of (by some miracle) whether Paul wins the nomination or not, the LP will be running a more Libertarian candidate against him. Thus, the assumption that we're all on board, and that LP resources exist to bolster the GOP, is wholly flawed.

Cheers,

Brian

Good point Brian,

As a Libertarian supporting Ron Paul...I entirely agree with your position and appreciate your willingness to tolerate Ron Paul activism on the list.

Thank you

Michael Denny

Brian Miller wrote:

BM) regardless of (by some miracle) whether Paul wins the nomination or
not, the LP will be running a more Libertarian candidate against him. (BM

LOL. If Ron Paul is leading in the GOP delegate count in May and is on
track to win the GOP nomination, I'll donate $1000 to the LP in your honor
if NatCon nominates anyone to oppose him.

BM) they wouldn't be accepted on GOP or Democratic Party lists if the
e-mails were about George Phillies and Libertarian Party meetings (BM

Can you remind us again what year Phillies was the GOP or Democratic nominee
for President? Can you remind us again what first-tier candidate among the
GOP or Democrats has endorsed Phillies the way Kubby has endorsed Paul?

BM) if the Libertarian voters who are supporting Democrats posted DNC
fundraiser event news, calls for support for the Richardson campaign, etc.
[...] (BM

Can you remind us again what year Richardson was the LP nominee for
President? Can you remind us again what first-tier LP candidate has
endorsed Richardson?