Fingers crossed for Argentina's election tomorrow!

I have to admit, I’m fairly excited. A major country may be getting an actual, honest-to-god libertarian chief executive. Javier Milei is a little bit more right-wing than I’d prefer, but on the whole seems legit and to have sound positions. While I am concerned about the wisdom of his move to make the U.S. dollar Argentina’s currency, instead of trying to have the money backed by gold or something, it’s surely a sounder option than the current rapidly-inflating peso. If the frontrunner does in fact win, doesn’t have the election stolen from him or get assassinated, does what he’s promising, and doesn’t have all his major cuts in government blocked by the legislature, Argentina could have a much brighter future than its recent past might lead one to expect.

The radical outsider promising to cure Argentina’s economic ills https://www.ft.com/content/b1b96bcc-0672-4f9f-8d7b-f9f148b21040?accessToken=zwAAAYve2bN1kdOxuWvMBnJPn9ONe_nxSLIQQAE.MEUCIQDVub8RkOmGr1Dr8gE0N0-6Qhgrf48NBcafxeJNHfNycAIgDYg1HBTh86RFGs-Cqr2FpxTcwXQyb8DNypxrkuwIwpU&segmentId=b1b96bcc-0672-4f9f-8d7b-f9f148b21040

The long URL is because the article required me to unlock it by registering – hopefully the link will work for everyone.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))