FEMA, etc. / Demonstrating at City Hall

Marcy,

You mean for what we can do here? Well, any impact we can have on national politics at the local level is likely to be *very* limited, but I do have one idea which I continue to think would be worthwhile for us is to start having outreach events in front of City Hall before our monthly meetings (say, an hour prior) as I suggested a few months back (see message below). This FEMA stuff could be the topic of one such manifestation.

Those of you participating in this conversation about FEMA have any interest in meeting up there tomorrow at 2pm and reading some info from emails and articles out over my megaphone on the City Hall steps to anyone within earshot, instead of just preaching mainly to the choir on our email list?

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild,

I like your comeback about preaching to the choir! In the Discussion List that's probably OK once in a while. Now we are on the Activist List -- time for action! However, I don't like the idea of demonstration unless all other avenues have been pursued and failed; not the case with LPSF. So I won't be participating. I am, though, very much looking forward to the action plan David will be presenting tomorrow at the meeting.

Marcy

BTW, at the War and Law Forum today, Cindy Sheehan mentioned the tank type trucks in Oakland, and some members of the audience spoke out and say "No, we don't have them. We stopped them." I guess the people Just Said No.

Marcy