Eliana Lopez decries SF ugly politics

An excellent letter from Eliana Lopez, Ross Mirkarimi's wife about the "incident".

Mike

Wow. Good for her for speaking out.

Nina

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_jefferson.html#hYjDqTQuXcrHtU1p.99

I have too too many acquaintances whose lives have been ruined by prosecutions and bias from officers of a sheriff's department.

As the leader of a sheriff's department, his "indiscretion" has several dimensions of culpability, in orders of magnitude worse than any of the "indiscretions" of others.

It is unfortunate that there are so many innocent victims of this madness but the sheriff is one of the principle perpetrators of the tragedy of those innocents...including his own wife.

I hope she dumps the scumbag...if for no other reason than his betrayal of the law.

Perhaps if we were to hear some contrition for the rest of his victims, there would be some redemption. But in typical abusive, statist tradition, the conversation has not yet moved in that direction.

John

Agreed John…but at least she got some hits into the “domestic violence prevention political establishment” a most worthy target.

Mike

Mike,
Yes! Agreed. She is not so much his victim as the victim of another "witch-hunt" of which he is also the leader.

And she may also be his victim in so far as she lacks the self esteem to extricate herself from his domination. But that's between them.
John

I agree with Nina about kudos for Eliana for speaking out. I personally can't stand the guy, and don't think that now, given all this adverse publicity, he should be in a position that supposedly upholds the law professionally. Unfortunately Eliana blew it by allowing the video, and now both need to take responsibility for that.

But, indeed we do live in a way too hypersensitive environment, where groups, any group, including the domestic violence cabal Eliana mentions, hold us all hostage.

Marcy