Cop allegedly looking for drugs shoots unarmed great-grandfather at family picnic, faces no consequences

This is a good one to forward to people who don't understand that the "War on Drugs" is killing people, or that African Americans and other ethnic minorities are being systematically harassed and profiled by police. Check out this from the police chief whose officer murdered the old man on his own front porch:

...policing by fear was the strategy all along, according to Homer Police Chief Russell Mills, who noted the high rates of prohibition-related arrests in the neighborhood.

“If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names,” said Chief Mills to the LA Times. “I want them to be afraid every time they see the police that they might get arrested.”

This situation needs to be reversed. Every time they start feeling arrogant, entitled, and unaccountable, the police should be afraid that they might get sued, fired, or wind up in jail themselves.

Thanks for posting, Nina.

Love & Liberty,
                  ((( starchild )))