[civilizethecops] Agents provocateurs

Something else to keep in mind amid the public reactions to police abuses and grand juries and so on is that the "riots" you hear about on the news are sometimes started by the police themselves. I'm not just talking about the overly aggressive "official" responses that frequently escalate situations. I'm talking about undercover operatives who commit crimes while posing as protesters, or try to get other protesters to commit crimes. One such incident is discussed below -- note the reported confirmation from the Oakland police lieutenant.

One might well ask why two armed California Highway Patrol officers were participating undercover in a civil liberties demonstration and inciting people to violence. Does the CHP have a budget item for this kind of infiltration? One might wonder how often this happens, and whether law enforcement agencies doing such things ever disclose their participation, except when caught at it as in this instance, or in how many of these cases they pay restitution to businesses that are looted or property owners whose property is damaged as a result of their incitements.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

Nowhere in your alleged "confirmation" does it say that the undercover cops were inciting the protesters to violence. Perhaps and most likely the cops were there in an attempt to identify people who were rioting or causing property destruction. The cops could have been there to try to protect the rights of business owners against vandals.

You have leapt to a conclusion that is wholly unwarranted by the sources you cite.

Something else to keep in mind amid the public reactions to police abuses and grand juries and so on is that the "riots" you hear about on the news are sometimes started by the police themselves. I'm not just talking about the overly aggressive "official" responses that frequently escalate situations. I'm talking about undercover operatives who commit crimes while posing as protesters, or try to get other protesters to commit crimes. One such incident is discussed below -- note the reported confirmation from the Oakland police lieutenant.

One might well ask why two armed California Highway Patrol officers were participating undercover in a civil liberties demonstration and inciting people to violence. Does the CHP have a budget item for this kind of infiltration? One might wonder how often this happens, and whether law enforcement agencies doing such things ever disclose their participation, except when caught at it as in this instance, or in how many of these cases they pay restitution to businesses that are looted or property owners whose property is damaged as a result of their incitements.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))