Call to Action-Hearings & Comment on Final One Bay Area Environmental Impact Report

Hi All! This is easy activism. Plan Bay Area is about to move one more step forward toward the central planners' dream. Let's help to slow it down. I just fired off emails to Eric Mar and Malia Cohen (both are involved with ABAG) for more time, for evening meetings, and for one of the meetings to be in The City. Please consider sending emails to our "leaders" to make sure the public input meetings are more accessible. I will definitely be attending one of the meetings, which hopefully will be put off for a while.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey,

This announcement is confusing to me; I especially do not understand the dates. I have posted an announcement on the LPSF website front page, and it would be good if you could please check that me and these folks are talking about the same thing!

Anyway, according to the One Bay Area website the S.F. meeting is April 11, 2013, 6:00 - 9:00 pm, Whitcomb Hotel, S.F.

Thanks for getting to be an expert on this boondoggle.

Marcy

Malia Cohen's eddress is: Malia.Cohen@sfgov.org;
Eric Mar's: Eric.L.Mar@sfgov.org

Warm regards, Michael

Hi Michael! Thanks for adding on the extra information.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Marcy! Yes, this did seem to contradictory, and it had me scratching my head for a few minutes trying to understand what Plan Bay Area is up to. Yes, everybody is talking about the same thing. Apparently there will be an "event" of some sort in each county encompassing an open house followed by a public hearing in an adjacent room. These events will consist of a public PR (read bull) open house session where the experts will tell all who attend and listen about the Nirvana they will be bringing to the Bay Area through their central planning. The bull sessions start at 6:00 PM and go until around 7:30. The part the central planners dread starts around 7:00 PM: when the public gets to make public comment--this part can be very contentious with those opposed to Plan Bay Area taking the bureaucrats to task. Signs, heckling, booing, snide remarks, interruptions from the audience. These 2-part sessions will be all over the Bay Area.
However, the state requires 3 formal public hearings only, and those are the three mentioned in the information below by CAPR. No bull sessions--only (mostly) negative comments from the public that shows up, so it's not surprising that 2 out of the 3 public hearings will be held in the daytime (so that working folks and taxpayers don't show up).

Thanks, Marcy, for finding this additional information that CAPR did not include below. The air is taken out of the balloon in CAPR's comment that the meetings are only scheduled in 3 counties--they will be in all 9 counties. However, the other complaints are definitely valid: very little time to review the report coming out on March 29, and all of the public hearings should be in the evenings, not just the ones with the PR sessions.

I will attend the April 11 public hearing for sure and offer my two cents worth in favor of the "No Project" option.

Thanks also, Marcy, for your article on our website with this update on Plan Bay Area!
Aubrey

Reminds me of the first chapter of a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Our hero awakens to find his house surrounded by yellow. Yellow?
Bulldozers. And then he remembers, he found out yesterday that his house was scheduled for demolition to make way for a bypass. The public notice had been on file for six months, in an unmarked file, in a cabinet, in a dark basement, with no stairs. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Minutes later the sky fills with immense yellow spaceships. The official from the Galaxy bureaucracy transmits to earth that it is sheduled for demolition. Desperately, but not in earshot of the reader, the smartest folks on the planet find a way to communicate back to the command ship.

Shortly, and with an annoyed tone, the bureaucratic creature reminds Earth that the demolition notice has been on file on Alpha Centauri for 50 years, and that it is not his fault that the earthlings never bothered to get there.

The planet was vaporized shortly after he slammed down the microphone.

Hi Aubrey,

My brains are in the process of totally melting from reading all the bull about Plan Bay Area. However, I will see you on April 11, 6:00 pm, Whitcomb Hotel, San Francisco, for the b.s. meeting.

Marcy

Oh, not to worry, the first million years are the hardest, then I suppose it gets better. Marvin knows.

Marcy