[cal-libs] Re: [libertariancandidates] Gun Ban - First Step in Congress - HR 45

Dear All;

The HR 45 anti-gun owner bill is nothing but
extremist in its intent to disarm law-abiding
citizens under the guise of protecting people
from lawless criminals. Unh Hunh! Yeah Right!

Most likely due to the extremist nature of
HR 45 it will get nowhere and hopefully
die in committee. But this won't happen
unless you make it clear to your congressional
representative how badly this bill stinks.

The only problem is it is a strong indication
of the intent of the Obama administration to
take away guns from decent law-abiding
citizens and turn everyone into un-armed
victims whether they want to be or not.

What the law is doing is saying the US
Supreme Court said you had a right to
bear arms. So instead of going out after
guns the bill goes after gun owners.

For a few more quotable quotes about the
rights of a Citizen to carry arms if they have
any intent of staying a FREE Citizen and
why go to this url:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/guns/quotes.html

Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."
-- Edward Abbey, "Abbey's Road", 1979

Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of the citizens to keep and bear arms. [...] the right of the citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government and one more safeguard against a tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible.
-- Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, short swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other types of arms. The possession of unnecessary implements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to foment uprisings.
-- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun, August 1588

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson

If I were to select a jack-booted group of fascists who are perhaps as large a danger to American society as I could pick today, I would pick BATF [the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms].
-- U.S. Representative John Dingell, 1980

Ron Getty - SF Libertarian
Hostis res Publica
Morte ai Tiranni
Dum Spiro, Pugno