[ba-liberty] Starchild speaking at protest over Palantir's collaboration with Trump on surveillance technology

Jeff,

Millions of people in this country have criminal records. I hope you don't think that means they should all be deported, or that the fact that some deportees have criminal records justifies companies selling their souls to government by providing surveillance tools that will also inevitably be used to continue deporting those without criminal records, as you acknowledge is already occurring?

As I just wrote in a letter to SFGate.com:

"While we appreciate Thiel's support for pro-freedom causes like seasteading, as a representative of the Libertarian Party I spoke at the demonstration to emphasize that our party stands for human rights and freedom of movement. Libertarians do not condone providing U.S. government agencies with surveillance tools to make it easier for them to track and deport immigrants (as well as violate the civil liberties of others in this country). Discrimination based on nationalism is as wrong as discrimination based on racism, sexism, or homophobia, and the billions of tax dollars stolen to fund such discrimination – to say nothing of the violations of people's rights at U.S. borders and elsewhere without probable cause, the government terrorizing and kidnapping of undocumented persons and breaking up of families, etc. – are clear violations of the Non-Aggression Principle. Freedom is for everyone, not just the wealthy and powerful."

The fact that abuses of immigrant rights were going on under the Obama administration means what to you? That we should be silent to such abuses happening now? Say not so! That Democrats and liberals (like Republicans and conservatives) are often hypocrites whose outrage is selective? Tell me something I don't know!

I spoke out today because the opportunity came to me, and I would have done the same thing three years ago.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))