Anyone Want to Interview with Channel 14 Univision Tomorrow (August 29)?

Hi All! We're starting to reap the benefits of winning the lottery for our 4 ballot arguments. We already have 2 requests to appear and present the Libertarian view. The first was from a Democratic group in Potrero Hill that will be voting for their recommendations for the November election next Tuesday evening September 4. Starchild of course is the logical choice, and I immediately sent the email to him, but he must be out of contact, because I haven't heard back. Of more immediate concern is a call (and email) I received late in the day today from Channel 14 Univision. They have requested someone to interview tomorrow (Wednesday) around 4PM at 50 Fremont Street 41st Floor 94105 to present the view against E, the gross receipts tax. Again I emailed Starchild but have not heard back, so I'm wondering if anyone wants to do the interview, if Starchild doesn't materialize. It was very last minute notice, so I could try to stall for more
time, but the opportunity might pass. Please let me know.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey,

Sorry not to get back to you today -- I can do it. Thank you for staying on top of this. I also want to write a press release, or releases, about our ballot arguments, as Chris Maden suggested, but have not gotten around to doing it yet. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

I have a doctor's appointment today and can't make it...I might be able to help out with the Potrero Hill group depending on the timing. The last time I did an event for them it started late and went late...which I cannot accommodate due to my parental duties.

Mike

Starchild,

I have posted the Potrero Hill Ballot Endorsement meeting on Sept 4 on the LPSF website, noting you will present the Libertarian position. If anything changes, please let me know, and I will change the website announcement:

"Ballot Measures Endorsement Meeting, September 4, 2012, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, Potrero Hill Neighborhood House, 953 De Haro Street, San Francisco. State and local ballot measures will be discussed, with speakers pro and con. The Libertarian position will be presented by LPSF Outreach Director, Starchild."

Marcy

For more information: http://www.phdemclub.org

I got a call from Beatrice with Univision about 30 minutes ago that they have to cancel the interview for today, but she will call me back to reschedule, and they want to interview me about our opposition to the parcel tax (Prop. A) as well as the gross receipts tax (Prop. E).

Joni Eisen of the Potrero Hill Democratic Club also contacted me about the event on Sept. 4, and wants someone to speak in opposition to Prop. G, as well as A, C, and E. I wrote back and said I'd be glad to (see message below); if anyone else wants to come as well, great, please let me know.

Love & Liberty,
                              ((( starchild )))

I'm slowly working on fluency, but not there yet. Marcy can speak Spanish better than I can, if she wants to do it. Not sure how much it matters to them however; I used a little Spanish while I was on the phone with Beatrice, who had a noticeable accent, and she didn't say anything. They may be expecting to do it in English. If/when she calls back, I can ask about that.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Ah, I just noticed she already called me back within the past couple hours while I was out. She says they'd like to reschedule for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday of next week at 130pm.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

I might be able to participate at that hour.

Mike

Hi Starchild,

Better not let me at them if they want to do the interview in
Spanish; it would not be pretty. I feel strongly about that. (Reminder: I was an immigrant child both in Argentina and in the U.S.)

I would suggest you tell Beatrice you will be happy to do the interview, in English.

Marcy

Hi Mike and Starchild! Thanks for helping to cover this one and not missing out on an opportunity to present the Libertarian point of view.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Thanks, Starchild, as always for doing our speaking for us. I will go along of course. Even though I disdain public speaking, I might help out on A. I did quite a bit of research on that one when I was helping to write the rebuttal, so I'm more comfortable with A than the others. Maybe you could present the argument and I could help field questions on that one. I'm sure the Democrats will be foaming at the mouth that we're opposed to "saving" CCSF!

Thanks, Marcy, for posting the event to our new calendar, which is working out very well.

Thanks!
Aubrey

You are welcome….just let me know the day so I can confirm.

Mike