Anti-War Sign, Anyone?

Would anyone have an anti-war sign I could display at the Tea Party?

Something like:

Dear Michael and All,

Please forgive me for harping on this point again. We refuse to align ourselves with groups like ANSWER because we accuse them of not being able to keep on message, which indeed is not acceptable. So I would suggest that LPSF'rs do not commit the same transgression. Sally's e-mail was quite explicit in her request that the April 15 Tea Party's anti-tax message be not diluted with our other sentiments. Also, selfishly I fear that Libertarians will not be welcomed at other events if we do not abide by the lead group's requests. (And BTW, I am not concerned about what other groups' transgressions might be, only ours)

Just a thought.

Regards,

Marcy

Marcy,

To me the issue with ANSWER isn't so much that they don't stay on message, but that they organize what are supposedly mass rallies designed to bring everyone together, but then only allow speakers who conform to their own ideological take on the issue.

There are lots of groups out there fighting single-issue battles for some aspect of liberty, from the Golden Gate Restaurant Association to Food Not Bombs. Part of our job, as I see it, is to show how these various struggles are all inter-related. Thus there will always be some tension when working in coalition between these groups' desire to keep the issue narrowly focused on the one specific freedom they care about, and our desire to open peoples' eyes to the larger struggle for freedom for everyone. That's not to say we shouldn't try to be diplomatic about it, but I don't want to confuse diplomacy with unilateral surrender.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

Dear Starchild,

I understand your point of view, but profoundly disagree with it.

Marcy

I agree with this sentiment.

The tea party is all about taxes.......

turning it into an anti-war march is exactly what this Administration might
hope for.