Alameda County drones/ NDAA

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for following up, and I'm delighted to hear you replaced "bipartisan" with "transpartisan" in your report about the SF Board of Supervisors approving the anti-NDAA resolution that we and others spoke out against during public comment Tuesday.

I'm copying some libertarian lists on this response, so that others in the East Bay who may be interested in working on the drone issue, as you mention below, can get in touch with you. The Alameda and Contra Costa Libertarian Party chapters also have monthly meetings which you or a colleague might wish to attend in order to connect with people and/or speak about the issue in person. Here's the info for those meetings:

Alameda County LP Monthly Meeting
Time: 7:15pm to 9:00pm

Details: Monthly meetings are on the 2nd Thursday of each month. The agenda includes local party business (usually an hour or less), monthly news and planning, and fun. The meeting in January will be focused on county officer elections.

Address: 101 Parrott Street San Leandro, CA

Directions: Equidistant between Hwy. 580 and Hwy 880, just off of 14th Street. Located between San Leandro Blvd. and 14th Street

Phone:(510) 482-3521

Contra Costa LP Monthly Meeting
Time: 7:00 p.m. until ?

Location: Nott Ltd Solutions, 2350 Stanwell Drive, Concord, CA (near the airport, easy bicycle distance from BART). Toward the back, on the left, at a long table in a semi-private area
Cory will provide beer for this meeting, and we can chip in for pizza. Please indicate any preference you might have ahead of time. There is plenty of room for a big group.
Join the Contra Costa Libertarians to share your opinions on today's political climate and issues and learn how you can contribute to America's political future. Everyone interested in Libertarianism is welcome! The business portion of the meeting starts at 7:30. If you'd like to come just for the socializing, that usually starts at 8pm. There's no charge, but you'll make your own arrangement for food and drink. Non-libertarians are welcome but you should have a healthy interest in politics.
http://www.meetup.com/lp-ccc/

I believe I read that the Alameda County Sheriff's department has already obtained a drone or drones; do you have more information about this? I emailed SF Board of Supervisors president David Chiu (who introduced the anti-NDAA resolution) asking about drones in SF or plans by any SF government agencies to acquire them, but have not yet heard back and will probably write him again.

Love & Liberty,
                                  ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee

P.S. - Does the Bill of Rights Defense Committee include in its work defending the Second Amendment, which is currently under assault in the wake of recent shootings? I hope so, and would be interested in hearing of your group's efforts on that front. I understand a slew of new victim disarmament (aka "gun control") legislation has been introduced at the state level.

Good job....all of you!

THANK YOU !

Michael Denny
Libertarian Party of San Francisco

Great that Starchild leaped from his seat at the Board of Supervisors meeting and handed Nadia his card! He does not miss a beat! Thanks, Starchild.

Also, thanks, Mike D. for including www.LPSF.org in your signature line. It would be terrific if we all did that to promote our website. We are not big, and our website does not enjoy the traffic the Democrats do on theirs. But, we get respectable traffic, and that can be improved with more promotion. The front page NDAA article got 207 hits, not much, but I think hopeful.

Marcy