Agenda for This Saturday's Meeting

Hi All! Here's the agenda for this month's meeting. It's a little lean this month, so if you have anything pressing you would like to bring up at the meeting, this would be a good time to do it. Just let me know and I'll squeeze it in the agenda somewhere.
Libertarian Party of San Francisco Agenda: Saturday, August 10, 2013
Meeting Location: SF
Main Library – 4th Floor Conference Room
  1. Welcome – Introductions 3:05-3:15
  2. Activist Reports – Past & Future 3:16-3:30
  3. Announcements 3:31-3:45
  4. Treasurer’s Report 3:46-3:48
  5. Activity Fund Report 3:49-3:50
  6. Website Report 3:51-3:55
  7. Nullify NDAA Update 3:56-4:05
  8. Plan Bay Area Update 4:06-4:20
  9. Ballot Measures-November Election 4:21-4:40
  10. Gun Show at Cow Palace September 14 & 15 4:41-5:00
Thanks!
Aubrey

I don't think I will be able to make it to the meeting on Sat.

The balance in the bank as of 30 June 2013 is $2,772.24

Les

Hi Les! I hope it's not your health again. If it is, eat lots of tomatoes, which are supposed to be good for the prostate. Thanks for letting me know and giving me the bank balance. Hope you can make the meeting anyway.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey and All,

The bank balance reported by Les prompted me to do a quick review of LPSF's financial picture since around to middle of 2010 to now.

Balance in bank as of 4/8/10 $2,193.36
Testamentary bequest on 8/27/10 $3,459.77
Donation from entrepreneur on 7/22/11 $1,000
Other smaller donations and dues $1,016.32
Spent on Operations, Pride, Ballot Arguments ($3,115.03)

So bank balance is relatively healthy at $4,554.42 at 12/16/11

Since then, we a living on that balance, and not receiving much in the way of dues or donations. Therefore, during 2012 we had a net
outgo of ($1,073.23), spent mostly on Pride and ballot arguments. At the end of 2012, bank balance is down to $3,481.19.

Year to date, we have seen dues and small donations of $360; and expenses of ($1,068.95), mostly spent on operations, Pride, Tax Day, and literature. So the bank balance is $2,772.24.

At this point, we are back to around 2010 levels, and again, we need to conserve what we have for operations -- just keeping the lights on -- given that at this point we cannot predict any large inflows. The argument that we need to spend in order to receive, is obviously not producing as good a results as we would like.

Aubrey has already taken preemptive action in establishing the LPSF Activity Fund, out of which we can spend for activities (activism not related to just keeping the lights on). I believe the balance of this fund is currently around $150.

Obviously also, we need more boots on the ground generating campaigns, on-line content on websites and social media, publishing, tablimg, attending events -- all aimed at not only promoting our libertarian ideas, but also generating some cash flow.

We might want to keep in mind that the reason Democrats are successful in catering to the disadvantaged and the disenfranchised is because they get tons of money from unions and guilty liberals. We have no such source. If we want to stay in business, we need to establish relationships with entrepreneurs and other individuals who are in a position to finance our activities. Sure we keep explaining the benefits of libertarianism to all, including the disadvantaged, but let's not forget there are bills to be paid.

Marcy