AccessF Channel 29 Time Slots

Mike,

The 7-730pm Wednesday time slot sounds great! I like Ron's idea of co-opting the term "progressive," but "The Progressive Libertarian!" could imply that most Libertarians *aren't* progressive.

"The Libertarian Alternative" is a great name, in my opinion, but obviously we need a different name if we're doing our own show. Here are a few other ideas:

The Government Zone (Intro to show would be a parody of "The Twilight Zone")
Liberty, For A Change (e.g. "I'm Mike Denny, here with Liberty, For A Change...")
Free The People!
The Progressive Alternative
Voice Of The City
Get Up, Stand Up! (Refers to classic Bob Marley song lyrics, "Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights..." etc.)
Speak Out San Francisco! (This would be good for a street-oriented show, where we go around talking to people about how government negatively impacts their lives)

Yours in liberty,
          <<< Starchild >>>

Dear Mike and All Others;

If you do not think the word Progressive isn't being beaten to death just look at todays front page of the Examiner on the lead story.
http://www.examiner.com/home/

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Good thinking RonÖ.I put in a request for a name change today.

thanks

Mike

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:18 AM
To:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] AccessF Channel 29 Time Slots

Dear Mike;

First of all and most importantly - who's the audience? Or at least the prospective audience? Once you identify who the watchers will be or suspect to be then you can come up with a one size fits all name. You also should hope to catch channel surfers.

However, if co-opting other political movements catch words or phrases will help in San Francisco. Try the name:

The Progressive Libertarian\!  

The word " Progressive " in SF has political connotations well beyond the name progressive and seems to spark a visceral reaction if you are NOT " Progressive ".

I would put the word Progressive first because you have to catch the eye and the brain. Otherwise known as Recticular Activating System type of stuff. Also known as Cognitive Reaction.

Progressive? Libertarian? What's this maybe I should watch it? You have to get the message through the filters to the brain to activate the attention. Also known as Frame of Mind Marketing. What is the person thinking as they see or not see the message or in this case the title to the show?

If using the term brings in viewers who will stay to listen then all the better.

Ron Getty

SF Libertarian

Hi Everyone,

I got one year of 7-7:30PM on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays starting July 13th.

I called the show ìThe Libertarian Liberal, representing the classical liberal perspective.î

Does anyone think it might be better to call it, The Libertarian Progressive?

Co-opting the terms used by others seems to be the way these battles are fought out there.

Let me know as I can probably still change it.

Thanks

Mike

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>