ABC TV channel 7 interview today on Prop. A / City College press conference 1pm

I just got a call from Jonathan Bloom with Channel 7. He said City College officials are having a press conference at 1pm about Prop. A, and wanted an interview. He said it sounded like their conference was directly responding to points we'd made as the opponents, and I expressed an interest in going there and hearing it myself rather than just doing the interview here. So he's going to pick me up at 1215 and we'll head over to City College. As usual with TV news, he said the segment will probably be a couple minutes including time for the anchors and both sides of the story, so he'll probably shoot a 4-5 minute interview with me and end up using maybe 30-45 seconds of that.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

Fantastic, Starchild! Hopefully they will let you in on the conference itself also, or otherwise, we have a pretty one-sided situation here! You are good at this stuff, but if you want some backup ammunition at the conference itself (not the interview!) I can volunteer to come.

Marcy

Marcy,

If you can come, great! I think having someone else in opposition there would be good. Can you get there on your own? I doubt the ABC guy will want to drive over to Park Merced first. If you're coming, I'll try to find out from him exactly where the event will be taking place.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Yes, I can come if the conference is public and I am allowed in OK. If possible, yes, please let me know where (what campus, what room) and whether I would be allowed to attend. I can get there on my own.

Marcy

Hi Starchild,

I was interviewed yesterday by KGO radio and the format was exactly as you specified: a 5-minute interview, then 45 seconds were used on the air!

Good luck with your interview.

Warm regards, Michael

City College press conference 1pm