A new term

Everybody's heard of "RINOs" -- Republicans In Name Only.

As governments in established democracies like the United States, Britain, Turkey, Brazil, Egypt, Greece, Bulgaria, Spain, etc. face a rising wave of discontent and struggle to keep the lid on popular anger brought about by their own endemic power-corruption and anti-democratic efforts to maintain themselves and their systems in power, I think the time is ripe to start popularizing this term:

DINOs (short for "dinosaurs", of course) -- Democracies In Name Only.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

That's a good concept, but I am afraid since RINO refers to the Republican Party, the term would confuse people because on hearing "DINO" most people would think it is a reference to the Democratic Party of the U.S., and not a reference to democracies.

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

RINO could just as well be "republics in name only". And as far as democracies are concerned, "in name only" is fine with with me. I have no interest in being compelled by policies, so bad, but they fly with only 51% approval.

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] A new term

That's a good concept, but I am afraid since RINO refers to the Republican Party, the term would confuse people because on hearing "DINO" most people would think it is a reference to the Democratic Party of the U.S., and not a reference to democracies.

Richard Winger
415-922-9779
PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

Subject: [lpsf-discuss] A new term
To: "LPSF Discussion List" <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 9:13 AM

Everybody&#39;s heard of &quot;RINOs&quot; \-\- Republicans In Name Only\. 

As governments in established democracies like the United States, Britain, Turkey, Brazil, Egypt, Greece, Bulgaria, Spain, etc\. face a rising wave of discontent and struggle to keep the lid on popular anger brought about by their own endemic power\-corruption and anti\-democratic efforts to maintain themselves and their systems in power, I think the time is ripe to start popularizing this

term: