A Chair's Reception Instead of a Fundraiser

Hi, everyone!

I wanted to let you know that, with the support of Kevin and Rich, I'm going to change the format of the fundraiser. When I originally offered to help, I though that the plans were in place and that I was just going to volunteer to call some people and take care of some organizational tasks. A fundraiser is a complicated event that needs to be planned months in advance. Thus, to get our feet wet in fundraising at the state and local levels, Kevin proposed that we have a "Chair's Reception," similar to a very successful party he held at his house last week. The purpose of the party will be to thank donors and pledgers who live in the SF Bay Area, especially in San Francisco. More importantly, we'll learn what to do and what not to do in planning a real fundraiser. It's important to walk before you can run; and even more important to crawl before you can walk! If this is a successful event, we can try a bigger fundraiser in the late summer.

I'll be coordinating the call down lists of potential invitees. If anyone is interested in helping with the call downs, please let me know. This will be a considerable amount of planning, calling, and organizing, so any help is appreciated.

The details:
Chair's Reception @ the Home of Mark Johnson (4th/Folsom)
Saturday, June 16, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.

I've heard that others, like Starchild, have ideas for other events, such as one that recognizes the hard work that volunteers do. I think that this is a fabulous idea and, if someone would like to plan this, I'd be happy to help out with that as well.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail, on this list, or at 650.283.0594

Regards,

Mark Johnson
Executive Committee Member, Libertarian Party of California
mjohnson@ca.lp.org