Wine & Dope -- Re: [lpsf-discuss] Digest Number 579

Hello again,

The article re pending Supreme Court cases notes:

"It's a clash likely to echo in the years ahead because Republican
control of all three government branches could sideline Democrats and
expose philosophical rifts within the GOP."

It is those philosophical rifts that I think libertarians can make most use of by getting active in the Republican Party as the Libertarian/Republican Caucus. It is in those intra-party debates that I think libertarian ideas can have the most effect, not as a third party when even the second (Democrat) party is marginalized.

Bart,

Personally I couldn't stand rejoining a political party as anti-freedom as the Democrats or the Republicans as long as there is an alternative like the LP around. But if you really believe that's the thing to do, why don't you get involved with the local GOP and try to get elected to their Central Committee and prod them in a more libertarian direction? I could have used your vote when I was seeking their endorsement in my non-partisan race for School Board. Just a few more ayes and my name would have been included on a slate card mailed to 60,000 San Francisco voters. If you'd be willing to keep us posted on what the Republicans have going on, that would be very helpful too.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

Hello again,

The article re pending Supreme Court cases notes:

"It's a clash likely to echo in the years ahead because Republican
control of all three government branches could sideline Democrats and
expose philosophical rifts within the GOP."

It is those philosophical rifts that I think libertarians can make most use of by getting active in the Republican Party as the Libertarian/Republican Caucus. It is in those intra-party debates that I think libertarian ideas can have the most effect, not as a third party when even the second (Democrat) party is marginalized.
--
Regards, Bart ##
--
PLEASE NOTE NEW Snail Mail:
388 Market Street,ste 900
San Francisco, CA 94111
Office Phone 415 956 5959 x103
Office E-Mail: blee@...
Fax Line 415 362 1431 (days)
Cell Phone 415 902 7168

-------------- Original message from lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com: --------------

>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
> Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/69cplB/TM
> --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> >
>
> There are 2 messages in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. Justices' agenda: wine, pot
> From: "Mike Denny"
> 2. Re: Justices' agenda: wine, pot
> From: Ronald Getty

<image.tiff>